cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting objects from different namespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on enhancement project, I copied some service interfaces (changed the name and still in the same namespace) and some XSLT mapping from another namespace. Now I have question how can I transport the objects to PRD.Is it copied automatically from the other namespace to my namespace or I have transport. If I have to transport then individual service interface how can I transport.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Mohammad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammad,

You have to transport the newly copied interfaces.

The procedure will remain the same as you do for other newly developed interfaces.

You can select "without namespace definition".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

Thanks for the reply.

My new namespace is ex: urn:sapxinewinterface

Ex:Copied interface is urn:sapoldnamespace

SI_olddata

SI_newdata_new interface

here I copied the SI_olddata interface data to SI_newdara _new interface with different name.

NOw I used the SI into my new namespace urn:sa[xinewinterface.

Now my question is how can I transport the single Service interface.

Regards,

Mohammad

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohmmad,

Its similar to moving your new objects , for your TR attach the newly copied Service Interface and make sure you have "With Namespace definition " checked while transporting .

Br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I'm confused as raghu said without namespace definition and you are saying with namespace.

Please help me which one i have to select.

Regards,

Mohammad

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As this is new namespace which is not present in Q or P so you need to transport this hence "With Namespace definition " has to be enabled.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammad,

If the namespace is already existing in production select without namespace option while transport.

And treat it is a new transport.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

All the recent changes are you can find it in transportable under change list tab, you can right click on each change list and add it to transport. This way you no need to remember what are the changes you have done recently for that software component. After you added to the transport these changes will be moved to closed.

Regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos

Dear Mohammad,

While you are using export design objects from ESR, you have the option to export individual objects. At Select Object step, use the individual option for export.

Best regards,

Bence