cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

My Client is dealing with EDI 820 for payment run file to bank (only Checks)

EDI 824 for acknowledgment file from bank.

MT 103 (standard SAP) for domestic wire transfers.

They want to develop program for SAP to create EDI 820 to send bank. Then another program for to read EDI 824.

Do you think it is an ideal solutions for it. But someone recommended me to ask the client to get install XI for all these purposes.

What do you think....and what benefits with XI. Will it really solve our problems...

Thanks & Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

We are using XI along with Seeburger for the same purpose you mention.

We send Idocs from 46C R/3 system into XI. We convert the IDocs into 820 and send them to Mellon Bank. We receive 824s into XI from the Bank.

The communication of 820 messages from our XI to Bank is done via FTP. We are not using AS2 or VAN.

Hope this helps,

Sumant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>The communication of 820 messages from our XI to Bank is done via FTP.

are u using a simple FTP or any secured mechanism,i was having a debate over this in my company with FI guys and we had different opinions about security of FTP.

what do u think how secure ur tracnsactions are.(share with me only if ur security parameters are not company specific and confidential)

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Messages are secure FTPed with some encryption. I am not exactly sure what kind of encrytion or secure transfer methods are being used.

Since, I am under developer role, I don't even have access to these ftp servers which communicate with the bank. They are all handled by our XI hosting partners.

Regards,

Sumant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumant and Ahmad,

We didn't start yet. We are deciding on the appropiate way to do this. Sumant what is this seeburger. Do we really need this or and skip it. Yes we are planning for the same information to send and get as in your company.

So according to you guys to create a program to generate and read these formats is not a good idea.

And what is this AS2 and VAN

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>Sumant what is this seeburger.

seeburger is an adapter which is used for EDI's

>>And what is this AS2 and VAN

AS2 :seeburger uses either HTTP or AS2 protocol

VAN:Value added netwoks,it does same thing as seeburger but is more expensive,so seeburger kinda replaces that

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

yeah u can use XI for this purpose but u also need to buy seeburger adapter to handle EDI's

u can have a synchronous scenario where u can send payments to bank and get response from them .

thanx

ahmad