cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCI - Odata Services (Beta) - oData endpoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to create an OData service based on an existing OData service.

It should be possible according to this blog:

I activate Odata Beta Service and I create my oData service (doing what described in this blog adapting it from SOAP to oData: )

At the end of the procedure, when I try to access the created and deployed service constructing my endpoint (SAP HANA Cloud Integration (Internal, SAP HCI OEM)), I receive this error as a response:

HTTP Status 500 - while trying to invoke the method com.sap.gateway.core.ip.service.SecurityConfiguration.getSubjectsAndIssuers() of a null object loaded from local variable 'secConfig'

This is the URL called: https://*****-iflmap.hcisbt.eu1.hana.ondemand.com/gw/odata/SAP/Customer;v=1/

Namespace and service name should be correct (see screen) and also IFLMAP URL (same URL retrieved both from Eclipse and HCP cockpit);

Some considerations:

- From HCI monitor I could see my Integration Content deployed correctly; no logs at all;

- If I try to edit the Metadata of the oData service created, I see that NAMESPACE has a space at the beginning (see preceding screen)... If I try to remove it, system automatically put a space again; I try also tu add an encoded space in the endpoint URL, but same error...

- In the integration flow, staring point is an oData sender (system and connection to start) not editable and with no reference to an endpoint... All has been created automatically by the system.

Any suggestion? I do not know how to proceed...

Thank you so much,

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

My one and only guess,

Can you try with https://*****-iflmap.hcisbt.eu1.hana.ondemand.com/gw/odata/SAP/CUSTOMER;v=1/

(Use artifact name in CAPITAL cases)

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

unfortunately it doesn't work, already tried...

I think endpoint is not created at all for some reason... If I check the "endpoint" part in HCI monitor for my deployed integration content, I can see "There are no endpoints configured"...

According to guides I've seen, there shoould be nothing to do to configure the endpoint, it should be configured automatically...

Any other ideas? Any place where I could check some log?

Thank you so much,

Manuel

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When you browse to WSDL, do you see 'End point' Field auto-filled up?

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I'm not using WSDL. My scenario is from oData to oData (I've to use HCI for license reason).

Here some screen of what I've done:

- Create an oData service artifact;

- I execute the "Import Model Wizard", I select "oData" as "Data Source" and give an EDMX file (I save what comes back calling $metadata of oData service HCI have to call

- When I do the binding, no Endpoint automatically suggested; I manually insert the URL of the oData service HCI have to call

Do you see something wrong?

BR,

Manuel

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Paul Todd Can you help here?

Regards,

JK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

there are lot of problems here 🙂

- I've asked help to SAP via OSS message. Message is still in processing, but now I've got an answer calling the endpoint (for example, I can see the $metadata part of the oData service);

- The error indicated (HTTP Status 500 - while trying to invoke the method com.sap.gateway.core.ip.service.SecurityConfiguration.getSubjectsAndIssuers() of a null object loaded from local variable 'secConfig') seems to happen if I authenticate via certificate; If I give user and password manually (basic authentication) I do not have that error...

I'll wait for SAP to comes back with an answer in the OSS message and after that I'll open a new message with the error (it's a bit different now)

Thank you,

Manuel

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because this is a BETA feature from SAP, I have also had multiple issues with this to the point that it never worked, the URL was missing etc. I stopped trying this feature realising it is still not yet there. Let me know once you hear back from SAP and will retry on my end as well.