cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BR BACKUP restoration error during system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing the system refresh from production to quality through backup dev=disk, but restoration is ended with error..

brrestore -u / -c -b **********.afd -p init<SID>.sap -m full

Regards,

Karthik.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, it is not related to pfile of the source system. Because BRTOOLS will do only the restore of data files when the oracle is shutdown. It may be related to init<SID>.sap file that you used for the backup and restore. Could you check the following parameters and it should be updated according to your restore environment.

For datafiles and archived log files (in restore profile)

backup_root_dir

stage_root_dir

disk_copy_cmd

rman_compress --> if you use RMAN compression in PRD

I see all your data files are compressed, are you using RMAN compression method in PRD? If so, lower version of BRTOOLS, sometimes will not detect these compressed files with extension (.Z) as it tries to find (.dbf) files. If it is the case, then the restore will only be possible using RMAN. Hope this can help you. For further help, please upload, both .sap files (PRD, used for backup and QAS, used for restore).

Regards,

Ganesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

the issue has been resolved, after mapping the production backup data to Quality system.

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Is your Production backup destination (disk/mount/file system) is accessible from your QA system?

I believe you have already updated parameter file in your QA system for your production backup location.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for immediate reply...

Production backup I have been to QA mount point. Now I am trying to restore from QA mount point.

I have updated initqa.sap file relevant parameter(backup device,backup type).

When I am executing brrestore command and it's pointing to production mount point.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the production parameter I need to update in QA system?

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Can you please upload your init<SID>.ora, init<SID>.sap files.

You need to change your QA pfile with production control file and SID.

Also you have to check backup path, media type in your QA init<SID>.sap file.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you share your mail id here, i will send it to you