cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM Restart - HTTP 500 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We were in the pre-processing step of EHP8 update (from EHP7) on our ERP system. SUM (SP17 PL7) stopped at SAPGENER8 phase due to memory bottleneck.

We had to reboot the server and then started the SAP and Shadow instances, both accessible fine.

Started SUM again, via STARTUP.BAT, and when trying to open the SUM url 'http://HOST:1128/lmsl/sumabap/SID/doc/sluigui', it asked for credentials and after entering, a HTTP 500 error occurs!

Can anyone advice what needs to be done to restart our SUM from the phase it stopped.

Regards,

Naga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange issue it was . .

The HTTP trace (<SUM Dir>/abap/HTTP.trc) shows a FATAL error 'Another process with PID runs'. Killed the PID and SUM started fine.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to reset the sum tool

process:

1. Go to the directory SUM\abap\bin.

2. Enter the command “\SAPup reset prepare”

3. Delete the SUM directory.

4. End all SAPup processes on OS level before, if any exist.

5. Please try to run report RSUPGRES. This will solve UVERS inconsistency.

6. Start every thing again from beginning.

The report, mentioned in step 5, should be used carefully and only in emergency cases.

SAP Note 2053877 describes, how to use the report:

execute only with user DDIC in client 000!

start in batch, the program takes about 20 and 60 minutes.

the process must not be aborted manually!!!

the report works for SUM SP10 and higher

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't want to reset the entire SUM process, just wanted to start the SUM from where i stopped before the error.

Anyways it is resolved now!

Thanks, and Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju Chegu,

¿Did you check the SAP KBA 2274621 - SUM Internal Server Error (Status 500) - Phase PROFREAD or INSTANCELIST_PRE - NIECONN_BROK...?

Best regards from Chile!

@fepezoabarca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Felipe, this KBA helps, because this HTTP trace pointed me in right direction