cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Reorder point" for Sales order stock (special stock E)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you are my last hope!

i got a requirement where we need to track materials in special stock E and effectively create a reorder point for it. Yes, I know, this sounds contradictive since sales order stock isn't really meant to do that, but nevertheless there is a host of reasons why we want to do it...

Now, this is what i have done

• Created a contract order type YROP "Reorder point" which transfers requirements to MRP, triggering MRP to order into special stock E for stock segment number <Contract/item>
  • Created a sales order type YOR "call off" which i create with reference to the "reorder point contract" and deliver and invoice the customer.
  • When i create the sales order with ref to the contract it uses the same special stock segment as the contract, thus you expect to deliver from special stock E <contract/item> without problem when the call off is created (since the contract has brought in the stock beforehand)

so far all good. The only downside is that the contract target quantity is reduced by the called off quantities from the sales orders. Desired behaviour would be that i do NOT reduce the target quantity for MRP though. What happens then is that once the PGI is created for the call off, MRP would automatically reorder since we have a short fall for the called off quantity.

Reading the copy control for the item categories from Contract to call off order i should be able to use field "pos/neg quantity" = 0 (see screenshot). The F1 help alleges that the source document (the contract) would not be reduced in this case. But, unfortunately, it also then means that the call off order uses its owns stock segement E <call off order/item> instead of E <contract/item> which defeats the purpose.

anyone a good idea how i could force the stock segment for the call off to be the contract?

thanks

Bjorn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It appears by setting the "positive/negative" indicator in the copy control to "0" that the field "originating document/item" VBAP-VBELV/POSNV is not populated with the preceeding contract item anymore.

In debugging in tx VA01 i simply changed the field values in internal table XVBAP during creation of the sales order. This forced the stock segment to the contract item instead of the sales order item.

Probably now will explore if i can use a bespoke copy control rule for the sales order item or activate one of the old userexits in VA01.

Bjorn

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as the order quantity is within the limit of contract, the stock segment for the call off would be the contract reference.  Not sure whether you have tried to increase the order quantity in the existing order itself and see how it is working from MRP side

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G,

the contract quantity if reduced nicely by the call off sales orders, i can even over-commit and call off more than the original quantity of the contract without problem; the call off will simply transfer to MRP in the contract stock segment and trigger an additional sourcing of stocks (in my case another PR with account assignment to the contract item)

My problem is different though, let me try to explain:

1. When i create the calloff for the contract i want that the open quantity of the contract is NOT reduced by the call off => the effect being that i keep "minimum" stock level in the special stock segment for the contract item

2. but at the same time i want to call off to transfer it's demand using the SAME special stock segment of the referenced contract item. => This is what i can't get to work. I set "update document flow" in VTAA (copy control sales doc to sales doc) to "X" and "positive/negative" = "0". But what happens is that once i set "positive/negative" to zero the call off order uses the sales order/item as special stock segment and not the contract item anymore.

Any ideas more?

thanks

Bjorn