cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Material in Rebate Settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

struggled the whole friday and can not solve the problem, so i post it here to ask for some help.

We have an issue regarding the settlement material defined the rebate agreement.

we use DIEN - Service as material type and defined following views for 2 plants

the account grp (sales org2) and profitcenter (sales general/plant ) are also maintained.

Question:

After i used VB(7 to do the partial settlement, a credit memo is created, and the settlement material is there on the position.

BUT, it is without any plant.-----> thus in the invoice followed, there is also no plant in "item details", Our FI guy told me, if such an invoice is populated, then no profit center could be specified.

I found the only way is to manually input the plant in "shipping" in the credit memo, thus this plant can be filled automatically in the invoice afterwards.

Do you have any better solutions to have the plant automatically in the Credit Memo?

thanks!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recke,

Why don't you have a default delivering plant in material master? This will flow to sales order item automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kivanc,

Yes, you are right, I can give  Delivery Plant as default, and it will comes into the creditmemo created ( or sales order )

but the problem is I have 2 plant view for the material, but I can only define one plant in the material master ( sales org 1 ) MVKE-DWERK.

Of course I need the system to populate the correct plant in the creditmemo for the rebate. Do you have any better suggestions?

Thanks!

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recke,

Can you elaborate on the organizational structure we're talking about?

You have 2 plants (call them PL01 and PL02) and at least 2 distribution chains (call them VK01-01 and VK02-01), am I correct?

And assigning PL01 to VK01-01 and PL02 to VK02-02 isn't enough? What makes it more complex than it should have been?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilgin,

why u understood there are 2 distr.channels ?

there is only one combination of sales org  ( vkorg ) and one distribution channel (Vtweg) and 2 Plants, which are assigned to them.

But the field MVKE-DWERK i can only maintain one plant , because it is the same sales org + distr.channel.

regards

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recke,

It was just a guessing on my part.

I guess you are aware of the plant determination process in SD documents, so I'm skipping this part. If you don't want to enter delivering plant on material level, you'd need to enter it on either customer master level or customer material info record, as credit memo request creation in rebates is an automated process. Without a default delivering plant in sales orders, document stays incomplete, so you'd need to choose either one of the plants in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's a good point, maybe it is possible to add the plant to the customer to populate the plant in credit memo also.

But I am not quite sure if the business want that way.

Because, if the customer can order products from different plant, of course it seems be reasonable to have different plant in the credit memo to indicate that.

But in the rebate - accrual calculation, if accruals are from orders delivery from different plants, how to define the accruals by settlement, to which plant it should belong to ? that confuses me also, maybe the requirement itself is also with problem... what do u think ?

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recke,

Salesperson makes a rebate agreement with the customer. Customer's goal is to buy certain amount of materials / pay certain amount of money in a certain amount of time. She/he does not care about the delivering plant. In standard SAP when you make the settlement, a credit memo request with only one item is created automatically. You cannot divide this to two plants. Are accruals supposed to be different for each plant? I kinda doubt that.

My advice is to choose a default plant for rebate processing, or else you'd need to explore some development options.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A solution proposal which might help: Create two rebate settlement materials; one for plant PL01 and another one for PL02. In your rebate condition table, plant should be a key field. Create two separate condition records in your rebate agreement; one with plant PL01, and another one with plant PL02. Assign different rebate settlements to your condition records.

The downside is that you cannot maintain scales here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilgin

thanks a lot for ur active answer and suggestion.

I think per Plant one settlement Mat would be a solution.

Since the profit center is defined on the material master and is also plant specific. That is the reason why the plant of item in the creditmemo and its invoice is important.

I am not quite sure about ur point in condition record. As to the conditions in Agreeement we have different accesses, some are plant relevant and some are not.

Regards

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recke,

If you'd like to capture plant/profit center info in your credit memo, you condition tables should include plant as a key field. That is the only in standard (that I can think of right now). In customer invoice, for sales from plant PL01 the first condition record will be found. For sales from plant PL01 the second condition record will be found. When you do the settlement, two separate settlements will be needed, that's how you'll differentiate from different plants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Bilgin,

but the reality is , for the same rebate recipient, we allow different agreement. some of them are plant relevant.

By settlement, I am not quite sure if we can set the criteria like plant , to differentiate the accruals. The only way is for Agreement 1 - set condition for Plant01 and for Agreement 2 set plant02, then the settlement of course can be divided because of different agreement.

but do u mean by calling VB(7 , i need to do it manually one by one ?

or I can enter only the rebate recipient and it would automatically separate them and generate several creditmemos respectively ?

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recke,

If you are maintaining different agreements for the same rebate recipient (which are plant relevant) that's perfectly fine. All my suggestions were about the case where delivering plant is not included in the concept of the agreement.

"but do u mean by calling VB(7 , i need to do it manually one by one ?

or I can enter only the rebate recipient and it would automatically separate them and generate several creditmemos respectively ?"

You need to check it in a test system. I hope that two separate credit memo requests will be created automatically, as different settlement materials are assigned to condition records, but as I have not used this approach before, I cannot be sure about that.

Answers (0)