cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DBTech JDBC: [5643]: Private key provided with own certificate is missing or invalid

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm learning HCP and wants to follow steps of this blog I'm stucked at this step "Register the Service Provider Certificate".
Error message I receive is:

Could not execute 'ALTER PSE TrustMe SET OWN CERTIFICATE '-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- ...'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [5643]: Private key provided with own certificate is missing or invalid

Please note that I'm using the existing opensap tenant database as it is not possible to create new ones per SAP HANA Cloud Platform

Can anyone help me to execute this ALTER command on my Eclipse IDE (SAP Hana Administration Console plugin) ?

Thanks

Jacob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

the error message seems to imply that the private key is missing from the own certificate you are trying to create.

It should directly follow after the

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

line and be enclosed in the tags:

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

and

-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

All this needs to be in a single long multi-line string as argument for your ALTER PSE TrustMe SET OWN CERTIFICATE statement.

Best regards,

Oliver

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for the tip but both sections BEGIN CERTIFICATE/END CERTIFICATE and BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY/END RSA PRIVATE KEY were present in the ALTER PSE command

I finally sorted out the problem: the CN subject attribute was filled out incorrectly when generating the certificate files with openssl !!!

Now a new question arises to continue my learning (section Register Your Service Provider Metadata in the IDP of the blog) : is there a way to connect to an SAP Cloud Identity Administration Console ?

Thanks

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monsieur ZITTOUN,

Il doit y avoir un problème car je reçois ce mail sans être concerné !

Cordialement,

Pascal  ANDRE

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr André,

Go to my profile and click Stop email Notifications if you don't want to receive emails when I post discussions

Regards,

Jacob