cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Error in SBWP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue while trying to process erroneous IDOCs through SBWP. When I try to process the IDOCs through Foreground from error, Foreground processing, Background Processing - for all the approaches I am getting the error Error During Application Input. The detail error message is given below.

Error during application input

Message no. B1254

Diagnosis

IDoc input could not be completed successfully by the application. A description of the error was logged in the IDoc status.

Procedure

Display the IDoc once more and read the application message in the current status record.

I am not finding any helpful resource online from what I have searched. Please help me in understanding what is causing the issue and let me know if you need any other information.

P.S. I am getting the same error if I try to process the IDOCs through BD87. I do not want to use WE19 since we have been explicitly been told not to use that in our project.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use tx WE05 to see what error is occurring with the processing of the IDOC. There you will find the application error that is being thrown.

You can also look in SM13 for failed updates that may correspond to your failed IDOC.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

Thanks for replying. In WE05, I am seeing this error

Enterprise Id value does not exist. Please enter a valid Enterprise Id for segment 000140.

We are trying to correct this error only by correcting the enterprise ID and processing it with Foreground after error from SBWP. And while trying to do that we are getting the error mentioned. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Partha,

So if I understand you correctly, you want to edit the IDOC and change the Enterprise ID in segment 140 as opposed to having your functional team create/correct the Enterprise ID (cleanest way).

To save myself typing I'll just point you to a thread that covers what you want to achieve:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2132538

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

Thanks for replying. I will try this fix but can you please help me with understanding why the approach I mentioned through SBWP does not work? I have checked and its works in our production systems but fails in our QA. We are trying to understand if there are any configuration differences between the two.

Thanks,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Partha,

I honestly don't think I can help you with why it doesn't work via SBWP. I would suggest opening a message with SAP for that so that they can maybe logon and have a look.

It could be authorisations, it could be config it could be ...... It's one of those problems where you have to be on the system to be able to properly troubleshoot it.

Now as far are editing/reprocessing IDOCs WE02/WE05/BD87 are the tx that will help you as will these links that shows you ALE related transactions/reports.

ALE Related Transactions and Tables - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Transactions and Reports for analysing ALE issues - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki

Good luck with the rest.

KR,

Amerjit