Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Call

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a web service call in my application that returns a "Sales Force" value of 00-05 depending on the SAP User ID. If the number is 00 then a form is presented saying 00 is invalid.

This Web Service Call works fine in my development environment. In my production environment the VC App is showing the that Web Service returned 'undefined'. This leads me to think the Web Service is not being called. If I call the service through WSADMIN it works fine as well. Just it seems that the web service is not being called through the VC App.

Any guesses what the problem is? Some kind of basic authorization missing?

Thanks,

Ken Murray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, After spending tons of time with SAP we have tracked it down to a trust issue between our Enterprise Portal and the BI Backend Server. I guess normally a specific trust definition does not have to be configured, but for some reason setting up a specific trust between the servers has corrected our problems.

Thanks for all of your suggestions and help!

Ken Murray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

I have the similar problem as you had , can you please tell me what did you do at the end. you said there was trust issue between EP and BI. Please share more information on this .

Thanks and regards

ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Have you defined to correct proxy in the portal settings?

Jeroen

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, can you let me know how to do this? I have a message out with SAP on this problem, but they are pushing back with some heavy requirements that my basis team has to look into..

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/prakash.darji/blog/2006/10/10/external-web-service-proxy-configuration-for-visual-composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

did you check if the webservice is called in your application with the debugging console?

Is it a java or abap webservice?

Best Regards,

Marcel

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is an ABAP Web Service. Can I debug in production?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

it should be possible to use the external debugging for checking if the WS is called by your app.

Best Regards,

Marcel

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

External Breakpoint did nothing. I did find the below information that might fix it. I'll have to wait for basis to review an tell me if this will fix the problem. Looks like it might be the authorization S_SERVICE?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/2eac5a56d7e345853fe9c935954ff1/content.htm

Prerequisites

To create or consume Web services, you need the authorizations associated with the role SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN. You must add the authorization S_ICF_ADMIN (authorization for the Internet Communication Framework) to your profile. You use the authorization S_SERVICE for starting external services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

if you use ED then you get the information if the webservice is called.

If it dumps you can have a look into ST22.

Best Regards,

Marcle

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By "ED" do you mean External Breakpoint? I did this and nothing breaks. Also do not have any ST22.

I think I have traced it down to definately the Web Service Call problem. When I use a "Service Capture" tool I get the below Request and Response Information. The application works fine in Development and I had basis try it with SAP_ALL authorization and still the Web Service doesn't get invoked/consumed. Must be something on the basis side and I have no idea what it could be.

<Request type="executeFunction" function="ZDW_GET_SALES_FORCE" system="DW_WEBAS" systemType="SAPFactory" manageConnection="Y" encode="Y" commit="N" convert="N" dsmid="C00080081:com.frx.41C.VC1st_rx_sales_force.par:1178210118737"><Input name="INPUT" shape="OBJ" appName="INPUT"><Meta><field name="EMPLOYEE" appName="EMPLOYEE" type="string" /></Meta><Row EMPLOYEE="" /></Input><Output name="OUTPUT" appName="OUTPUT" shape="OBJ" capacity="0" /><Output name="RETURN" shape="ROW" capacity="1" /></Request>

<ERROR source='BackEndBroker.executeFunction' ><message >null</message></ERROR>

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To call it as a Web Service, I guess you have to activate HTTP protocol in the ICM (transaction SMICM).

Check this is active in your production environment, otherwise no HTTP call can be processed by the SAP server.

Then, check transaction SICF to see whether the appropriate service node is also activated.

Best regards,

Guillaume