SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP03DM: Updating custom messages in Application log of Submission to Collection Agency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been working on FP03DM transaction for Mass Activity:Submission of Collection Agencies. As per my client requirement, I need to update the Standard Application log with custom messages. Once User click on Log tab in FP03DM, then click on Application log button, he should be able to see the standard as well as custom messages.

Can anyone share the steps that needs to be followed for achieving this requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay Singh 

3 REPLIES 3

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I would like to give you a generic approach for your situation (as this will be helpful for other scenarios similar to yours)

A) Find appropriate FQevents for your mass transaction - set break-point at the end of the FM FKK_FUNC_MODULE_DETERMINE to get the list in debug mode  

B) Debug your mass activity using =dbug command just before executing - then find out the right event for depending on when and what you want to log custom message. (you can find blogs in this community related to FQEVENTS and how to create and attach custom or industry-specific FM)

C) In your custom event FM, write your custom message log using macro like 'mac_msg_putx' - here you can decide on type of message - like Information/Warning/Error/Success/Prg Erro (Dump) etc. depending on your needs.

Hope this approach is helpful!

Thanks,

Srini

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You can go for Event 1728, which gets triggered during the Submission run.

It internally calls all the other relevant events for FP03DM.

Also, make sure that you have activated the application log settings for mass activity type 0098 in Configuration.

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All.

As per our functional team, all the exceptions will be handled by standard Application log and we do not need any custom messages to be added in standard Application Log.

Thanks Everyone.

Vijay Singh