cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large delay in processing PI - ECC message

0 Kudos

We have an integration scenario in PI 7.1 which picks up an xml file from an external mobile working system, and then populates a service order completion function in ECC with the data from the file. This works perfectly well most of the time, however very occasionally we will get a backlog of errors of up to a couple of hours. The error in question is the 'maximum number of connections is 1' message.

Am aware that the number of connections can be increased, however I don't believe this is the root cause of the issue, as whenever the issue occurs there is a record in STAD in ECC which shows a connection from the relevant RFC user hanging for the period of time of the blockage and apparently transmitting vast amounts of data:

There are no errors anywhere for this message, it just takes a huge amount of time to process.

Looking in the PI audit log, the delay occurs at "RFcAdapter received a asynchronous message. Trying to send tRFC for j2EE_GUEST with TID xxxxxx". Again there is no error, it just takes the amount of time in screenshot above to move on to the next step.

I reprocessed the same message later on and it went through without any issue, and I also replicated exactly in test without any problems, so it appears unrelated to the content of the message itself.

Would be grateful for any thoughts on the cause!

Regards

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello David,

Is it happening at Adapter or Integration Engine? Anyway the guide, what Vadym mentioned should helpful. If the message has a long running period at Adapter Engine, Willy Introscope should help.

Best regards,

Bence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,
as a pre-analysis, check the message trace in SXMB_MONI and identify the stage which consumes the longest time period. After that, refer to

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac6221...

and check the corresponding recommendations. Or post the stage name here, so other members can suggest you some more.

Best regards,
Vadym