Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit cost planning month Wise Issue

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After performing Unit cost planning in T.Code CJ40. I Checked Elemental Overview where system has distributed total value in 12 periods.

Now, I want to do planning for 4 periods only, system usually doesnt change it.

Please help how to do same.

Ex Plan amount is 12000

Month wise equally distributed Jan-1000

Feb-1000

March-1000 and so on

But I want to change it like
                                             April-3000

May-2000
                                             June-7000
No planning in Jan feb march and july to August

How to Achieve same?

Thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

CJ40 will allow to plan costs annually. For cost planning on monthly basis, please use CJR2.

In CJR2, you can plan costs against CEs for specific months only by selecting a cost element and clicking on Period screen (or F6).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Aditya

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All
Thanks for your update, In cj40 when we open cost element planning where, I can select detailed planning in menu bar, there is Unit costing like screen get open when you put data there and then select that line item and Click F7. system will allow to change values month wise

Regards

Rahul

former_member198686
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

1.There is no option for you to allow month wise budget in CJ40 because it is for overall and year wise budget not for monthly wise, in that transaction of that menu bar under got to you will find  period wise but i will always gray mode there is no scope for you  to enter the values in respective wbs wise.

2. Better use CJR2 it will give you detail report with month wise and combination wise also like Cost element with wbs in respective year & month with respective plan consumption and plan cost wise.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

when you are trying to change value in april may june what error came?

planning and budget should work in same way you can change value as you will. kindly share the screenshot.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CJ40 ,month wise budgeting is possible not cost planning.

- Shubham

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adtiya,

For detailed cost planning, we are using CJ40 only and there only we want to do month wise planning.

Hi Mahesh,

It is not for one project

Let me again tell you my query

Currently, suppose there is one wbs and I am doing detailed planning on primary cost element.

Suppose rs200000

Then, What happen, system distribute it along months equally for 12 months

But I want to distribute it for 6 months not for all months.

Thanks

Rahul

y7me909
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I can give hint ...

CJ40 - Annual over view - Ex-2016 - Primary cost -

Here keep your distribution key as 0 (Manual distribution) , Click on period screen - here you can give give it as per your requirement (Only 6 periods)

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If the business is willing to do Unit costing for each FY then I would suggest you may also suggest to use CJR2 which gives additional functionality that you are looking for.

Please refer to below screenshot where I have tried to compare CJ40 vs. CJR2. As you can see, CJR2 will allow you to plan for each month as you, i.e. manually.

For ease of usage, you may create a cost element group for cost planning in CJR2 and fix the planning layout to 'Form-based planning' so that the cost planning activity becomes business friendly.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Aditya

y7me909
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As i understood, What ever the costs you are planning it is going under Jan, Feb, March..

But you want them to be in Apr, May, June....

To achieve this , Goto your costing variant - date control - (Check the settings ) Cost estimate from, Cost estimate to ..

BR

Mahesh