Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Lock-entries in MM02 prevents booking from storage location to storage location

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem when acknowledging a TA (Transportorder):

Booking from goods receipt (LGORT 100) to high-bay (lgort 10). Because lock entries in the material master (eg. When a user in the MM02 is) the TA is indeed acknowledged, that the material is accurately recorded in the high-bay, but in inventory management remains a positive (WE lgort100) and a negative quant (WE lgort10 ) are on the goods receipt. If no lock entry exists when confirming the booking is fine and the two quants from the goods receipt immediately disappear.

The problem is but the material barrier is very often set in operation, as many staff there daily make changes and I would like to know how it is possible that the transfer is still performed correctly without which they must always be initiated manually afterwards (too many positions per day).

I'm thinking of something which, although the stock remains first on the 100, as described above, and is then adjusted on a regular basis as soon as the material lock is removed. Now Playing existed in store on the 100 getting bigger, although it is incorporated and acknowledged. the file in attachment shows the miss in the incoming goods. The 46 pieces are actually already in the high bay (LGORT 10), but are assigned to lgort 100 in the goods receipt.

Thank you, all the best.

image.jpeg (130740 B)
replied

No it is not your case, I said late blocking has to do when people are posting movements for the same material. Late blocking will not resolve issues when somebody blocks the material with MM02.

From my point of view is ongoing material maintenance not a usual approach. Of course it can happen that some fields need to be changed occasionally, or the material has be extended to a new plant, but this should not really lead to daily issues for WM postings

Have you already analyzed what the people change in the material master, maybe they just use MM02 instead of MM03 when they display the material master

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question