cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Business Tiles not rendered on iPad - Anyone else have this issue?

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We've recently updated to UI5 1.38.5 (which has an updated jQuery library) plus patched Smart Business (HANA) and while everything works perfectly on desktops, when running on an iPad (Chrome or Safari), we've discovered that the Smart Business Tiles now give a "Cannot load tile" error to end users.

Upon running the Web Inspector against Safari (on my wife's mac since I'm a PC guy), I discovered that when the Fiori Launchpad goes to display the tiles for Smart Business, it returns the following error:

failed to load 'sap/ushell/components/tiles/indicatorTileUtils/smartBusinessUtil.js' from...

SyntaxError: Strict mode does not allow function declarations in a lexically nested statement. (line 18334)

I plan to raise this as a defect with SAP, but as an iPad is involved hence more challenging to get support on, I wanted to check the community to see if anyone else is getting the same issue (if they happen to have upgraded also) to strengthen my case.

Cheers,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cmos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I am currently experiencing the same issue, using SAP UI5 Version 1.38.1 and an iPhone. The log of the Fiori Client App provides the same error message in the smartBusinessUtil.js.

Funny thing: We tried different approaches, like Desktops (working fine with different Browsers and the Fiori Client App for Windows), Android Smartphones (working perfectly with build-in Chrome), and the iPhone (not working. Either with the client app, Safari or an additionally installed Firefox).

Searching for the error message, at least I found out, that there are obviously some basic javascript problems, leading to the error.

Have you by chance found a solution yet?

Regards,

Christian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

As suspected, the UI5 libraries were the issue.  With the update to 1.38.9, this should work now (note 2361404).

Cheers,

Matt

cmos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

our ticket was returned with the same note number to fix out issue. We did as was mentioned in the description and upgraded the UI5 version to 1.38.9. The problem is, this has not really fixed the problem. After the installation the smart business tiles completely stopped working. I guess we are missing one additional componenten on our application server. The error message is now, that either the sap.suite.ui.smartbusiness UI5 library is missing or the /SSB/ namespace is missing.

Did you get your system working?

Regards,

Christgian

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ouch - I've gone as far as downloading the patch, but not installed it yet.  Maybe I'll hold off on that update for the weekend and see if you get any update back from SAP! Bit concerning if you mean it stopped Business Tiles working on any platform! (it also makes it hard to say that Patches of UI5 don't need 100% regression testing when stuff like this happens)

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Message is "in processing with SAP" so at least a good sign they are taking it seriously but good to know it's not just us experiencing the issue.

If I hear anything, I'll post back to this message.

BTW - Supposedly even Chrome on Apple uses Safari, hence it's solely a Safari rendering issue it would seem...

Anyway, thanks for responding and letting me know.

Cheers,

Matt