Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Transport Odata Service from DEV to QA

RohitAggarwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are in the development phase and trying to test moving the gateway service to QA and facing issues. Here is our landscape.:

We are using ECC DEV client for development ODATA service using SEGW and using Gateway Hub System Client 001 to register and expose the service from the ECC DEV. We have separate ECC QA system but using separate client 100 on the same Gateway Hub System to use it has a QA Gateway Hub.

Have moved the transports from ECC DEV to ECC QA. Try to do the SCC1 for the transports from Client 001 to Client 100 in the gateway system it says objects are not client dependent. When I log on the Gateway Hub in the client 100 it does not allow me to register the same service that is already there in the client 001. Not sure how to proceed. Do we need separate gateway hub for the QA ECC system too. Please advise.  If needed more info let me know. Appreciate your responses.

Thank you,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor

Hello Rohit,

In GW Client 100 services are already available and are registered.

You can still connect the same GW Dev System to ECC Quality by creating an another RFC Destination & System Alias in GW Dev which points to ECC Quality.

Now assign this new System Alias ( which is pointing to ECC Quality ) to the existing Services and keep System Alias pointing to the ECC Dev as default one.

This way you can connect a particular service to both ECC Dev and ECC Quality systems and test.

Your URL would b as below -> Sample one

/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT;o=<ECC_Dev_Syatem_Alias>/CarrierCollection

/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT;o=<ECC_Quality_Syatem_Alias>/CarrierCollection

Please check this.

Regards,

Ashwin

RohitAggarwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Ashwin for your reply. As per your recommendation I tried using the separate system alias for DEV and Q00 in the same gateway client '001'. Assigned the service to both the Aliases and it does worked.

As it worked so my further questions are:

1. So there is no need of separate client in the Gateway system in order to be used as QA gateway? Is this a correct statement?

2. We do want separate Gateway Production System so in that case do we transport the transports created in DEV/QA Gateway System Client 001 to the GW PRD (Will be using Client 100) or once Odata services are transported from ECC QA to ECC PRD do we manually register/add the service in the PRD Gateway system.

Please advise.

Regards,

Rohit

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Considering the current set up, i feel no need of separate client.

2. You can go ahead and transport the GW service details to GW Production ( Workbench Request ). Once services are moved, manually register the service and assign the appropriate system alias which is pointing to the ECC Production. This would require opening the client in GW Production.

RohitAggarwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

Regarding your second point if we transport the services from GW DEV to GW PRD then still we have to register the service in GW PRD. I am talking about following steps:

1. Run transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE

2. Click + Add Service icon

3. Select System Alias (ECC_PRD)

4. Click Get Services

5. Select the service and add

This creates the service and register.

Once we transport the service from GW DEV to GW PRD do we have to do above steps?

If yes it will going to ask for transport in GW PRD.

Sorry Ashwin for asking these basic questions as I am new to this. We are in the DEV phase and going to be in QA and PRD soon so just getting prepared for that.

Again appreciate all your help on this.
Regards,

Rohit

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes these steps to be done.

You can also have a look at the below. It may help you in some way ->

RohitAggarwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

If I have to do all the above steps in the GW PRD system then it will create and register the service in the GW PRD system anyway then why we have to transport the service transport from GW DEV to GW PRD?

Seems I don't understand the process clearly and missing something? Again thank you for clarifying my queries.

Regards,

Rohit

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i recollect correctly there will be 2 things ->

1. Workbench Request : This will have the Service name, the Package and other artifacts of the service.

2. Customizing Request : This will have the System Alias creation in SPRO and the assignment to the service in /iwfnd/maint_service

Point 1 will be transported.

Point 2 will be done manually each target systems.

RohitAggarwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Just want to add related to point 1 is we are doing Odata service development using SEGW in the ECC Dev and will be transporting the transports from the ECC Dev to ECC/QA and ECC Prd.

We are using GW Dev to just expose the services using the MAINT_SERVICE transaction and following above 1-5 steps. During these steps it also create transports in the GW DEV system. Thus I  am refereeing to the transports those are created while using transaction MAINT_SERVICE in GW Dev and if needed to move to GW Prd.

Hope this provide more clarification.

Thanks,

Rohit

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for more details. In that case no need of transport.Those steps can be done in corresponding target system manually.

Moving the transport from GW Dev would carry the GW Dev System Alias all the way till GW Production and will be a redundant entry in SPRO and would be of no use as we will anyways be creating new Alias with appropriate naming convention pointing to the appropriate target ECC system.

If you do not want to do these manual steps, One thing i can suggest is using a fixed System Alias & RFC destination names in GW Dev and transport to GW Quality and GW Production systems.

I mean to say, Create System Alias name saying ' GW_ECC ' , RFC Destination name ' ECC ' in GW Dev and assign this to all the GW services and lock in transport. Now move this to GW Quality and GW Production. Once moved, create only the RFC destination with name ' ECC ' in GW Quality & GW production which points to ECC Quality & ECC Production respectively. This way there will be no need of doing all those above mentioned 5 steps in the target GW systems.

RohitAggarwal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Ashwin. for your time and responses. Appreciate all your help on this.

Rohit

Answers (0)