Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrap Code in SAP ME

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement wherein I need to pass scrap code to ERP when I scrap any SFC. Customer has given us various Scrap codes like S01 , S02 etc..

When I complete the operation lets say "Testing" and next route of that SFC after "Testing" operation is "Scrap", it just scraps the SFC. I don't get any input field or something wherein I can specify scrap code S01 or S02 ..

So two questions:

1) Where do I configure Scrap codes in ME - just like I configure NC Codes

2) How do I pass configured scrap code to ERP when I scrap any SFC?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Soham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soham,

I do not think you can do that for the scenario above. You would likely have to use Quality Notification feature of ERP integration to send specific NC codes.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean to say that there is no way I can pass scrap codes to ERP along with scrap quantity in following fields in ERP:

Regards,

Soham

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Soham

You can't do this without some level of custom work. Scrapping is not necessarily tied to an NC either in ME, since you can initiate scrap of floor stock or manufactured units without logging any NC. My current project customised this and allowed the selection of different scrap reason codes (defined in Reason Code Maintenance) to feed this data into ECC.

Stuart

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stuart for the clarification !

Answers (0)