cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User is seeing Original screen when visiting the transaction a second time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm encountering a strange behavior when testing with my first end user.

I have assigned the relevant flavours to a role and the role is only consisting of runtime activity 01. I dont want the end users to be able to select other flavors than the ones assigned to the role.

When user is going from SMEN to IE01 the first time after loggin in he is seeing the correct flavor that is assigned to the role. Then user is going back to SMEN and once again going to IE01. The second time he will always see the Orignal SAP screen. This goes for all the other transaction codes except SMEN.

This is what it looks like when I'm checking the user configuration for that user:

I also noticed that user was getting message "You are not authorized to select flavors" in the status bar in the original screen.

Best Regards,

Oskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Oskar, when you say "the user goes from SMEN to IE01", how does that happen? Is there a script button that navigates to IE01? If yes, does the script specify the flavor, i.e is there scripted flavor switching involved?

Flavor switching via script doesn't work if the user has only '01 Use Flavor' authorization. If however the user has a default flavor set for IE01 and the navigation happens by entering the transaction in the command field or just a transaction button, this should rely on the default and always work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Here is the 2 first lines of the script:

session.findById("wnd[0]/tbar[0]/okcd").text = "IE01";

session.findById("wnd[0]").sendVKey(0);

The rest of the script does not involve any flavor switching. I'm wondering if it would be better to use session.calltransaction instead of having the script to type IE01 in the transaction box.

Remeber, the user can access all flavors when pressing the script button the first time. But the second time that particular script button is pressed the original screen comes instad.

For now we have utilized a work around by adding 02 flavor switching to the role and added this parameter to the URL: &sap-personas-hidden=X it works, but I'm not super happy about it.

Best Regards,

Oskar Söderlund

clemens_gantert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Oskar,

what is your kernel and Screen Personas version and what client are you using (WebGui or SAP Gui)?

Thanks,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gantert,

WebGui and Screen Personas 3.0 SP3

Kernel:

Best Regards,

Oskar S.

clemens_gantert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Oskar,

that's odd. Please open a CSS ticket for this.

Thanks,

Clemens