Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Principal Propagation Problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have upgraded our XI to SP19 and want to run the following scenario:

have a webdynpro application on EP6 which calls a synchronos SOAP Adapter from XI which goes to R/3 via RFC, gets some data from the RFC and returns the data back to the webdynpro application on the portal.

I have followed all the weblogs and SAP's documentation on creating the tickets and configuring the J2EE engines and ABAP side.

The problem I am getting is that when I try to call the WS, an actual message is created in the XI, goes to R3 and gets the following response:

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: could not get a client from JCO.Pool: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter</SAP:AdditionalText>

When I remove the principal propagation checkbox from the sender/reciever agreements in the XI - the scenario runs fine, so I know its working.

Of course, the user i logon to the portal has been defined in the XI and in the R3 client.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Haim.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Haim ,

I configured a similar scenario with the following details :

XML Spy <=> XI <=> R/3

But the only hinderance in this is with requirement that what ever soap client we try to communicate it should be able to generate assertion tickets. Hence i couldnt make XML spy to work 100% but what i did is when i tested the message over the XI stack itself , it works when the user defining has SAP_XI_APPL_serv_user role with all stacks reporting the same user name. So as a whole it works on SAP stacks. Now the key question i have is how to set up initial connection settings. Any ideas from you , whether client auth from soap client with sap works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haim,

Do you have the correct support pack for this. You should be on:

Release XI 3.0 (6.40): You applied support package 19.

Release XI 7.0 (7.00): You applied suport package 10.

Can you see the OSS notes:

Note 974873 - Principal Propagation

Note 992860 - Principal Propagation - corrections

Note 996315 - Secure store for "XI Principal Propagation"

Also check the user has the same roles mentioned in the weblog:

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2007/01/16/principal-propagation-in-sap-xi

Also check the same user is used in the SM59 transaction.(RFC Destination) Might be some where you are using the user who dont have sufficient privileges for principal propogation.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, sorry for not mentioning, i'm on XI 3.0 with SP19.

OSS notes just repeat what i've done..

The second one says I need to be on SP20, but im not on it.

I've implemented the corrections and now instead of getting the previous error, im getting a new error:

<SAP:Stack>HTTP response contains status code 401 with the description Unauthorized Authorization error when sending using HTTP (error code: 401, error text: Unauthorized)</SAP:Stack>

The Role was assigned to the user which is the same id in all three systems - EP, XI and R3.

What RFC destination are you refering to? Where am I using RFC destinations?

my reciever communication channel is type RFC and has the PP flag on.

R/3 is returning the error message as I understand it, not the XI...

Do you have any other suggestions??

Thanks!

Haim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haim,

Usually 401 comes when your userid and pwd and wrong. Check in SU01 whether any of user is locked.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user is not locked...

and the password cant be wrong as we're talking about logon tickets - there is no password...

question - in the reciever communication channel which is of type RFC, im specifying the username and password of a specific user in the R3 system which im accessing. is that OK for this scenario?

Thanks again for helping,

Haim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That should be fine Haim.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, but it still does'nt work...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please help??

Has anyone ever tried to do Principal Propagation between EP and R/3 through XI?

Thanks,

Haim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am actually laying my hands through , Quick question : in the receiver communication channel you should have some thing called "Enable principal propagation " instead of entering the regular username and password for R/3 communication channel ? that the basic principle of Principal propagation right?

I am starting my installation over this and if possible would like to know any issues that you came across. My aim is to develop a scenario between

Third party SOAP client <=> XI <=> R/3. Any notes from you ?

Only question i have is w.r.t. configuring SOAP client and XI . The key i am thinking to manage is When ever SOAP client or any client trying to get data from a Webservice hosted on XI , XI requests for a username and password while employing this approach once authenticated through J2EE engine , then implement the whole process rather using any certificates concept bet SOAP client and XI. Please advice as i think this might work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly what im trying to do, though its not enough to enable that checkbox... there is a guide of some configurations that are needed.

However, this seems not to work unfortunately...

If you have any ideas, you'll be well rewarded

Thanks,

Haim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try enabling sxmb_adm and w.r.t. interfaces u r working ? i will definately and thats fine with points if both of us get something running thats great do you have yahoo id or gmail id for exchanging details over chat ?

Also , what did you do w.r.t. configuring XI and backend client for R/3 comm channel ?