Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authority management for VL02N

former_member397166
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where i need to hide the 'Post Goods Issue' button or not allow to click this button in VL02N transaction for some specific users.

Whick authority object call achieve this requirement?

Thanks/Regards,

Kical

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kical,

Create transaction variant, make the required field to invisible mode and assign the same to user groups. Lots of discussion, guidelines are available in the forum.

Creating Variant Groups and Assigning Users - Changing the SAP Standard (BC) - SAP Library

BR, Rosh.

former_member397166
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rosh,

Thank you. It is useful.

But when Delete Assingment, it is still assigned.

Thanks

Kical

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kical,

When you delete, the username won't clear, but you'll get the message "Assignment to variant group was cancelled". Please check.

BR, Rosh.

former_member397166
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rosh,

It is OK,Thank you.

Thanks

Kical

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably I don't understand the business case here.... Why you need to hide the button?

It's not like users don't know that it exists.

What difference does it make if a user posts goods movement from VL01N, VL01, VL02N, VL02, VL06O

etc.?

Why can't you simply restrict the authorizations per movement type with M_MSEG_BWA?

Movement types such as 601 are used only with deliveries, have a look at OMJJ.

A custom solution for hiding buttons for specific users will make the job of the security consultants harder, imagine how they will estimate in the future the risks for granting authorizations. Not to mention that this is a bit harder to implement, than you have probably estimated.

The auditors will also not like it, because it possible and very easy to bypass that 'invisible button' if you still have authorization to post GI.