Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple person assignment on work centre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could any one answer my below queries:

1. I have created 'Group Work centre' for 5 people on which I want assign 5 people from 'HRMS' on single selection as I got option of multiple selection on 'Person Assignment' but I do selection of 5 person, I got error. So could tell me how to assign multiple person on single check.
  2. My other question is also relevant to group work centre.If I have group work centre of 5 people so when I'm going to assign 'Person' from HRMS button, I can assign more than 5 people on that group work centre so how to restrict that

Regards,

Faizan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For better understanding, below is the screen shot:

Regards,

Faizan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Answer to your first question: Though system allows you to select multiple persons in Search help, please select one person at a time.

Answer to your second question: You will have to develop an enhancement for restricting no. of persons to be allocated to WC.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for your reply. But I'm wondering if I'm not able to select multiple person from selection than why that selection is showing?

I agree that for restricting person, will be cover through enhancement but why it's allow me to assign many person as I want which is exceed from 'Person Assigned' from HRMS. So there could dome reason SAP has provided that open field.

Do you any idea for that?

Regards,

Faizan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

I am not sure how the standard program works when we select multiple person in the Search help of person assignment when the option is given. Once I get some availability, I will debug the standard program and let you know but as of now I can say it works when you select one person at a time.

Also as mentioned in the below SAP Help link - The idea is that, in the specified Work center (i.e., org. unit or group of personnel), certain no. of personnel works for a given time in a day. But this work center can have no. of personnel more than the capacity.

Assigning HR Objects to Work Centers - PP - Work Centers - SAP Library

Taking your example - The work center has the capacity of 5 personnel, but it can represent a group of more than 5. Reason is that it is highly possible that all 5 personnel assigned to the work center may not be available at a given point of time and the project manager / business user may have to juggle as per the availability of resources. So you may consult with business regarding this logic otherwise the enhancement is the only option to restrict personnel assignment to work center.

Best regards,

Aditya