cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 - Anyway to refresh themes, corporate colors without rebooting?

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our company is just starting to implement Personas 3.0, and I'm trying to set up our corporate colors and a couple of themes.

So far, when I make changes to either one, they do not seem to take effect unless Basis reboots the server. For instance, I changed a background image in a theme two days ago. The theme shows the correct image when I edit it, but when I select it as my current theme, it is still showing the old background image. Corporate colors had the same issue when I was changing those.

Is there any way to do a refresh, buffer flush, or anything else to make changes like this take effect without having to reboot the server?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Have you tried to delete the MIME cache?

-> /personas/admin

-> "Perform Cleanup Activities"

-> "Clear MIME Cache"

Kind regards,

Cris

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I had not tried this, but I have now. I don't have any corporate color changes, but I am trying to get the theme to show the new background image.

I followed your instructions, and the system said it deleted over 8,000 records. I logged out, and closed all my browser windows, and it still shows the old image. I'm using IE 11 (corporate standard), so I deleted all the browser history, but it still shows the old image. I tried it in Chrome, and it shows the old image there as well.

I don't have much set up in the theme, so I could delete and recreate it, but I need to resolve this issue going forward.

Based on your suggestion, I assume this is not "normal" behavior for Personas? Any other suggestions on what I might try?

Thanks again for your help!

Jeff

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Could you please clarify about the Personas 3.0 SP level you use?

Have you implemented the latest client corrections note?

Based on this I'll try to reproduce the behavior in my test systems.

Kind regards,

Cris

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I did say I'm new at this, right? I was giving another developer a quick overview of Personas, when I realized I had set a background image on the user area when I first started creating my theme, and later added the same background image to the window layer. I've been changing the window background, which doesn't appear to do anything because the old user area background was laying on top of it. 

Your advice on clearing the MIME cache is going to be beneficial when I make other changes, like corporate colors, that don't take effect immediately, so I am marking that as the correct answer.

Thanks again for your help, and I apologize for my issue with the dual backgrounds. At least that's one mistake I'll hopefully not make again!

Jeff

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

We are here to learn together - I have my share of mistakes during my Personas initiation.

If you have any Personas question, just ask. As you probably saw, our community is quite strong and willing to help.

All the best,

Cris

Answers (0)