cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP enterprise portal upgrade from 7.0 to 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are planning to upgrade SAP Enterprise Portal system from 7.0 to &.3 EHP1 .We are confused to upgrade and which level we need to go

Because we are using ESS/MSS both standard and custom application. All are webdynpro java applications only.

Below are the components we used for 7.0 version.

BP_ERP5ESS   1.0SP18

BP_ERP5MSS  1.0SP15

BP_ERP5ASS   1.0SP15

BP_ERP5COM   1.0SP15

SAP_ESS           600sp23

SAP_MSS           600SP15

SAPPCUI_GP     600SP19

ECC        SAPECC6.0 EHP6

SAP Netweaver as Java 7.0SP31

Could you please update me Which version we can go and compatibility between HR components and ECC components with SAP portal 7.3 version.

We want to use old java applications after upgrade also and client not interest to upgrade ECC system.

Could you please provide me which BP's we need to upgrade after portal upgrade to access old Java applications.

I gone through some documents, If we are going to upgrade to 7.3 java application wont be work. Still if we need to use those application we need to upgrade BP's. Like below.

ESS 633

Mss600

PCUI_GP 633

I am worried about above BP's only. We need to go above BP's are enough are we need to be use any other.

Regards

Chakri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chakri,

AFAIK there are many new funtionalities and ux coming with latest versions of NW and ERP EH Packages especially for HR.

I could not understand your aim for upgrade of Portal only. The goal for upgrade is important.

Since you are using many HR functionalities it would be better to upgrade to the latest versions.

There could be both adventages and disadvantages of course.

Customers are always right but you can persuade them showing the new functionalities, gains of upgrade.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuksel,

Thanks for your replay,

I know there was many more functionality are comes in latest version.

My Question is I have standard and custom wd java applications are their. I want to use those application after upgrade.

But I read one thread wd java application are wont be work after portal upgrade. If we need to use still those applications after upgrade also , then need to be upgrade BP's also.

So my Question is which BP's I need to upgrade for ESS/mss and what leavel is good to go?

Regards

Kalyan