cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agentry list selection step

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having an issue with the agentry application crashing if I change the status of an order and the list screen has it selected and the new status will cause it to be filtered out of the list.  I am trying to implement a list sleection step that will go to the next row, but that only works if there are more than one rows in the list to begin with.  I've tried telling the list selection step to clear the selection but that doesn't work and the application crashes (again because the order status is not one that we allow in the list via the include rule).

Any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark... side note ... can you take a look at my discussion labled SMP3 sp11 pl02 - unexpected network disconnect;  I'm getting this running locally on my machine

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

What is your version of the Agentry client and what device are you using? Can you provide a little bit more information like picture of your editor + the reproduction steps.

You specified List Screen - is this the Editor List Screen option or Tile List or something else?

Don't you think the crash occurs because you are trying to filter a record that is not shown on the list screen but the option to go to the next line (i.e. focus) got into an infinite loop?

STEP 1:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LIST SCREEN~~~~~~~~~~
Record 1 -  STATUS - NEW   <---- Filter rules makes this disappear
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STEP 2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LIST SCREEN~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                 <---- App trying to go to the next row but the focus is filtered or not shown on the screen so it cannot pass the focus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STEP 3:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LIST SCREEN~~~~~~~~~~~

CRASH                                  <--- Forced crash

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the trick is how would you prevent a one liner record to get filtered out as a workaround?  Perhaps have a another screen to show instead if there is only 1 record (i.e. Have a screen on standby with an enable rule to show if there is only 1 record that the filter will fire and disable the current list screen)?

If you can share more information (like the version and client type) that can probably help SAP and friends to give some suggestion.

Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark...  I'm using the latest client 70.13.1.15;  SO I have a tile list with workorders (filtered based on status to NOT SHOW completed orders) on the left and a tile display on the right with the details.  There's a button on the detail screen that changes the status to complete. When the order is changed to complete, the application immediately crashes.  I've worked around the issue by sending complete as the status to the server and setting the status locally to completed (with the d on the end) so it continues to show in the list.  On the next transmit when the status is changed to complete , the order is again filtered out.

I attempted to do a listselection step inside the action to move to next and to first order where not = ORDER ID that will be completed.  This works unless there is nothing left in the list and then it causes the application to again crash.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

Thanks for sharing (the latest clients then can't handle it yet).  That was also a cool technique that you shared about not letting it get removed and filtered and during fetch the workorder will be removed after the next sync.  The technique I tried suggesting is the technique used by the SAP Product team on List items with no records left as it produces issues.  They try to hide the list with another screen.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question:  Have you tried removing the filter and completing the order.  This way it shows make sure that the issue is happening because of the filter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know its the filter because I can set the status to values that filter will not filter out and its fine;  its just when I set the value to a value that would filter out does it fail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heather for this comment:

I attempted to do a listselection step inside the action to move to next and to first order where not = ORDER ID that will be completed.  This works unless there is nothing left in the list and then it causes the application to again crash

Have you tried putting the list selection into a subaction with an enable rule to only do the selection when there is a order that can be moved (i.e do a count on the collection with a filter on the count to make sure there is at least one not complete)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes... but if there's nothing left in the list and I try to change the status it still fails... the workaround I have in place is working... I will keep that until the problem is resolved.