cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA system requirements?

0 Kudos

Hey everybody,

well, I want to download and test HANA in my local VMWare or maybe on a VM in Azure or AWS Cloud. I tried to find some information about the system requirements, but I can't find any specific information. Can someone please tell me something about the system requirements. For example, how many RAM do i need, Processor GHz, Diskspace etc?

Regards

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pierre,

You should be able to install your HANA playpen with the following minimum specs:

RAM = 16GB

CPU = Allocate two cores of a I7 quad core system.

Disk = 40GB (installation DVDs and HANA installation). Min 7200RPM - SSD is better.

The above will get your system up and running. After that, depending on your use case you'll need more memory.

KR,

Amerjit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

This is useful,

michael_eaton3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

If you want to start working with HANA, one very easy option is to use SAP's Cloud Appliance Library - SAP Cloud Appliance Library

Here you can spin up a full feature version of HANA on Azure or AWS.  Best of all, its free (although you pay the hosting costs, which if carefully managed are very low).

Michael

0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thx for your reply.

Well i want to setup a Windows VM in Azure by myself. So i need something like an install package and i have to the system requirements for HANA. Do you know them maybe? I can´t find anything in SCN.

Regards

Pierre

michael_eaton3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

The installation instructions and requirements along with lots of other documentation is available here - SAP HANA Platform (Core) – SAP Help Portal Page, the software can be downloaded here - Software Downloads | SAP Support Portal.

Michael

michael_eaton3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It isn't available to customers on Windows, only a couple of flavours of Linux.

Michael