cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qty is not getting confirmed for MTO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Sales order, the quantity is not getting confirmed automatically for the MTO scenarios, I have checked the all standard setup in configuration. Eventhough it is not working. Here below I have given the our scenario:

Scenario- MTO Sales order with delivery block at schedule line level

Action - Qty is not getting confirmed before release the  delivery block, but qty should be confirmed automatically while creation of the sales order itself, which means, before releasing the delivery block.

Please let me know, whether the above Action is possible or not in standard. If possible, please share the check list for further checking.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In few case we block the quantity confirmation if Delivery Block is exist for that order. go through the below path and find out is there quantity confirmation is block for particular Delivery Block.

To confirm the quantity even with delivery block, choose corresponding Delivery Block for which " Confirmation block" check box is not set.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. But I have checked, the confirmed qty check is un ticked only(all the fields are blank only), even though  the qty is not getting confirmed automatically with delivery block. Please check clarify for further testing.Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you check that the stock has been blocked against any existing open sales order's or open Delivery's.

// Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, This is a MTO scenario's. The system will confirm the qty while creating the sales order itself for production planning. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IT,

This is a MTO scenario's. The system will confirm the qty while creating the sales order itself for production planning. Thanks.

???  That is not a common solution.  Can you please elaborate.  Exactly what is the basis upon which your 'MTO Scenario'  sales orders are confirming?  Are you using availability check?

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy 49,

Still I am not getting any answer for my question. Just I replied to Mr.Nagesh, because he replied as the qty would have blocked in other sales documents.

In our case we are following the below MTO case: 

* MTO sales order with Delivery Block

* Once we create the sales order then Planned order and production will be created, after confirming the production order with 261& 101 movement type, the qty stock will be updated under the sales order stock for further process.

Open Point:  Clarification& Question: Sales order is not getting confirmed automatically while creating the sales order with delivery block

If any one knows, please clarify my open points.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IT,

I would be in a better position to help if you had answered the question.I asked in my previous posting.

When such an order is entered, either with or without a delivery block, "someone" is evidently expecting it to be confirmed.  Why?  What is the basis of this expectation?  How is this system configured so as to create an MTO sales order confirmation during order entry?

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make to order with Delivery block:

We have set the delivery block in the schedule line level, so that the system is getting the delivery block while creating the sales order itself. Our requirement is that, the qty should be confirmed with delivery block while creation of the sales order itself. For that, I have checked the delivery block reason settings and some standard settings, even though the qty is not getting confirmed with delivery block while creation of the sales order itself. Please check and advise. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IT,

You still have not told me anything about your current configuration, so it is difficult to decide what might work as a solution for your specific problem.

I am going to discontinue responding to this thread.  Perhaps one of the other SCN members has a greater fondness than I do for playing guessing games.

Best Regards & good luck,

DB49