Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settle Results Analysis data

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am using POC based Results Analysis.

my results are either WIPR or RUCR (depending if actual cost is greater or less than valuated cost)

however, when i settle, i get error asking for settlement rule in the WBS.

my understanding is that it should just post debit/credit on the assigned accounts in OKG8 even if there is no settlement rule.

hope someone can shed some light.

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, the WBS must have a settlement rule.  The typical receiver is COPA (PSG) but it can be what you need.

When you post settlement there will be 2 postings, 1 for RA transfer to FI and the other will be a CO settlement doc.  Settlement occurs using the RA Cost Elements you configure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

What if COPA is not in the project scope?  Would you suggest creating any dummy settlement rules?

I mean theoretically if SAP integrated two distinctive functions into a single settlement transaction the availability of RA data itself should be enough.

Thank you,

Peter

former_member198686
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Please check two things,

1. whether you maintain settlement rule or not on your respective wbs in cj20n  EDIT -> Cost-> settlement rule there you maintain or not ?

2. In OKG9  see under actual results analysis/WIP  calculation there you have two options.

1. version relevant to  settlement 2. Transfer to financial accounting.

Check you ticked  both or single check box on above like.

then you have to maintain OKG8  if you want to see the entry after settlement it will trigger with assigned gl.

Regards,

KRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The question is if settlement rule is really mandatory or not.  Imagine that we want RA FI postings, but not any kind of settlement.  So, project is the final P&L collector.

Regards,

Peter

former_member198686
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes as you said is correct.

But Mr Ramesh settling wbs to any other object? or Directly he is receiving cost from  any other receiver to wbs?.

In you wording  wbs is last object means no need any settlement rule for respective wbs.

Regards,

KRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

So is there any process of closing project? Also how the Finance wants their accounting to happen - Project-wise??

Best regards,

Aditya

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Settlement rule is mandatory if you want to settle the project monthly/yearly.

Rule define like what cost should go in receiver object.

without rule you would be unable to settlement to any project.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for all the responses.

1. ok, i will define settlement rule (in this case, client requirement wants AuC)

2. settlement rule is NOT always required to settle.  for example, with method 13, "WIP at Actual Costs" we are also using, after RA, we run settlement and even if there is no settlement rule, it will settle to the balance sheet account maintained in OKG8.

good day,