cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figure Aggregation reasoning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a configuration related question. I completely understand the kind of disaggregations, S, P, A, I, N, D etc. but when it comes to a practical case where I need to assign these to keyfigures, I am ending up in confusion. I am trying to understand looking at an existing scenario.....

Eg: This is a existing configuration in our DP planning area:

KF...........Description.....cal.ty....disaggr.KF.

ZMEXTDM.......Ext Dep Dem....I...APODPDANT

ZMFCSTADJ...... Forecast Adj...P...APODPDANT

ZMCORDER........CarryOver Orders...S

ZMPREVTOD....... Prev Total Dem...S

ZMTMLOCDM.......Total Mat/Loc Dm...I

ZMRSKDM........At Risk Incr Demand...P

ZMPROPFBK........Prop. Factor Bkup...P

I know that this is dependent on business case and lets say that the business has left this to us and ask for a suggestion without any other choice, How should I decide the aggregation?

I completely understand the concept of disaggregations...I read through the SAP material and help.sap.com pages.

Could somebody explain this case please?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu

Thought it will be easier with a (hastily made) flow chart.. have put up one here (you need a gmail account- pl post if you cant see it)

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ajd493j322np_8cdfbkg

When you know that your values at a total level is right but are not sure of the detailed level or do not have any values at a detailed level, You assign a disaggregation based on another Key figure . For eg you know Customer Forecast for Painted Cars are as accurate as you can get but you dont know how many would be Red, Grey and Yellow

In such a case you would set the disaggregation based on another KF which you know is a good basis... sales order history for example. The proportion of Red Grey and Yellow you know will be approximately the same as long as there is no fad for people to get flashier this year. In order to capture the proportion in the sales history you use proportional factors in the form of APODPDANT. This is better than just referencing it to sales history since it also consolidates the sales history in a period say last 13 months (and also leets you do detailed props if necessary)

So in your case the Ext Dep Dem, Forecast Adj would be done at a high level and the business expects the system to disaggregate it based on prop factors. Ext Dem is on initial disagg based on Prop factors and later prorata. I suppose Total Mat/Loc Dm, At Risk Incr Demand, Prop. Factor Bkup and also has APODPDANT attached to it

Where as in the case of carry over orders and prev total dem it would be prorata - which means the business does not have a basis for disaggregation and thinks pro rata is good enough or does not care because it probably is not going to use it at a detailed level

(If anyone is interested in updating the visio please let me know and i can give permissions)

Also you need to notice how or rather at what level are these KF are entered or copied or loaded. If they are loaded from the cube or copied from another KF, check the aggregation level in TSCUBE. If they are entered, check at what level the users enter the data. Also look if there is a macro working on these KF at any specific level

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a great answer. Thanks for taking time and patience for replying with so long answer.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Your explanation to Visu's question is excelent. The chart you provided is very helpful in understanding the concept and the importance of aggregation. Now it is easy for me to understand the proportional factors and their implications in forecasting. Good discussion Harish and Visu.

Thanks,

Vivek

Answers (0)