cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC IDES data migration using RDM to S/4 HANA on premise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to Data Service application, I am planning to migrate IDES data in SAP ECC system to SAP S/4 HANA on premise solution using Rapid data Migration. I have build SAP Data Service server and Source and Target repositories per instructions from SAP Notes -2239701  SAP Rapid Data Migration for SAP S/4 HANA, On premise edition.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2239701/E

in RDM_S4H_OP_DS42XV1 Quick Guide have configuration instruction for Import DATA Services ATL code Files. I am facing challenge in identifying this ATL job files in Service market place.

Filename

Description

DataStores_MSSQL2008.atl

The datastores file containing the DS_SAP, DS_DM_REPO_IDOC, DS_STG_MGMT_LKP, DS_STG_MGMT_LKP_INIT, DS_STG_OBJ and DS_STG_OBJ_INIT datastores.

DM_REPO_Lookup_Jobs.atl

The lookup Job code required for SAP S/4HANA lookup generation.

DM_REPO_IDOC_A_To_M_Without_Datastores.atl

All IDoc Jobs for objects named A through M.

DM_REPO_IDOC_N_To_Z_Without_Datastores.atl

All IDoc Jobs for objects named N through Z.

DM_REPO_IDOC_IDocStatus_and_Recon.atl

IDoc status and Reconciliation code.

DM_REPO_IDOC_Project.atl

Project file to create the project association or all of the jobs created in the first two files together.

I have installed SAP Data services 4.3 SP05 and configure it with Local repository (source and Target systems). In Import Data Service ATL code files process, SAP Best practices for data migration is ATL Job Files are not available.  I can use standard native method (LSMW) to migrate data . But need expert advise to direct me to finx ATL file for migrating Standard IDES data.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FrankDensborn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I guess you've followed the Quick Guide and the Configuration Guide to implement the software and also got the documentation package by clicking Download All on the landing page in SMP.

In addition, you have to download the content from the SWDC as described in the SAP note:

Downloads:

Download SAP Rapid Data Migration for SAP S/4HANA, on premise edition via the following links:

http://support.sap.com/swdc

-> Installation and Upgrades

-> Browse our download catalog

-> SAP Rapid Deployment solutions

-> rapid data migration for SAP S/4HANA, on premise edition

--> RDM_S4H_OP_CONTENT 1.0

--> SAP RDS MIGRATION SERVICES V1 (Migration Services Tool)

Refer to the Quick Guide that is attached to this SAP note for installation instructions.

Hope this helps. Please let me know in case you have further question!

Best regards,

FRANK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

Thanks for the Steps to download the Migration Services Tool  from SWDC. But I am looking for Import Data services ATL Code Files. Per Quick Guide, These files are required for S/4 HANA data migration package.

Thanks in advance and support.

Regards,

Victor

FrankDensborn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Sorry if I wasn't clear about the steps. The description I gave actually is for the ATL code which is part of the RDM_S4H_OP_CONTENT 1.0 download. So I'm pointing to two downloads that are mandatory, the Migration Services tool (which you already successfully downloaded) and the content (aka ATLs).

This download will contain not just the ATLs (to be imported as stated in the Quick Guide and the Config Guide) but also the WebI content for the optional reporting in BI platform. For the ATLs, please follow this path after unzipping: RDM_S4H_OP_CONTENT --> Data Services --> Migration_S4HANA --> ATL files.

Sorry about the difficulties, we're currently working on an SCN document to describe the necessary steps in a better way. I will post that document here as well once we've tested the process again (the SWDC download manager is going through major rework right now).

Best regards,

FRANK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Frank,

Thanks for valuable information. I will install the Migration services tool and content which got *.ATLs.

I would appreciate if you can guide me for Migrating SAP ECC IDES data for business objects.

Thanks  and Regards,

Victor

FrankDensborn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'd suggest to follow the general process described here:

And the Test Scripts (one per object) that are part of the information download package you got from here:

SAP Service Marketplace - RDM for S4HANA On Prem

A nice preview is also provided by the sample chapter of my migration book:

SAP Data Migration: LSMW to SAP Activate | Book and E-Book - by SAP PRESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Frank,

Thanks for the support and direction.

Thanks & regards,

Victor

Answers (0)