Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender: Partner Not reached

ankit_mishra09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm receiving the below error for some of my RFC sender channels:

Error in processing caused by: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (129) JCO_ERROR_SERVER_STARTUP: Server startup failed at Wed Aug 17 15:23:50 UTC 2016.
This is caused by either a) erroneous server settings, b) the backend system has been shutdown, c) network problems. Will try next startup in 3600 seconds.
Could not start server: Connect to SAP gateway failed
Connect parameters: TPNAME=ZXREF GWHOST=xxxxxx02.ffm-dc.xxx.com GWSERV=sapgw04

ERROR       partner 'xxxxxx02.ffm-dc.xxx.com:sapgw04' not reached
TIME        Wed Aug 17 15:23:50 2016
RELEASE     721
COMPONENT   NI (network interface)
VERSION     40
RC          -10
MODULE      nibuf.cpp
LINE        4658
DETAIL      NiBufIConnect: connection pending after 60000ms
SYSTEM CALL connect
ERRNO       55
ERRNO TEXT  A connect operation on a socket is not complete.
COUNTER     84

It says partner 'xxxxxx02.ffm-dc.xxx.com:sapgw04' not reached as previously it was existing. Now BASIS team has decommissioned this server, so we have configured the Channel with 'xxxxxx01.ffm-dc.xxx.com:sapgw06' currently running server. Also, changes are made in SM59 in PI Prod system. But still the channels point to 'xxxxxx02.ffm-dc.xxx.com:sapgw04' & give the error partner not reached. Kindly let me know if there's any other place where configuration needs to be changed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,
if all scenario configs are correct, it might be connected to network resources. Have a look at SAP Note #2344643. Maybe increasing free ports pool will help.

Best regards,
Vadym

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

It says partner 'xxxxxx02.ffm-dc.xxx.com:sapgw04' not reached as previously it was existing. Now BASIS team has decommissioned this server, so we have configured the Channel with 'xxxxxx01.ffm-dc.xxx.com:sapgw06' currently running server. Also, changes are made in SM59 in PI Prod system. .

Sh'ouldn't the SM59 change be done in ECC and not in the PI system?

Regards,

Mark

ankit_mishra09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

ECC is not involved in our case. The message is flowing via PI (Integration Server) to External System.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

After doing the changes try stop/starting the channel.

If still not working try restarting the server.

ankit_mishra09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

I had already tried Stop/Start for the channels. But that didn't work. For restarting have to check with BASIS team if it can be done on the weekend, as it wouldn't be a very wise decision to restart the server on weekdays.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Sometimes it works,But if its productions precautions should be taken.

We had a issue while importing RFC in ESR which got sorted after System restart.

ankit_mishra09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahuraman,

I found that in SM59 the connection test fails & the error is that the program id is not registered. Now the program id was registered with the old server which no longer exists. So, the basis team updated the gateway details with the new server. But then too it shows that program not registered, though the same is maintained in the RFC Sender configuration in PI. I've gone through many blogs but there's a confusion. Do the program needs to be registered explicitly? Or it gets registered by itself when we create RFC in SM59 & activate the channel in PI? Currently the program in not registered I confirmed via SMGW.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

It should get registered automatically I believe.

Check the below note ,it might solve ur issue.

Note 1480644 - gw/acl_mode versus gw/reg_no_conn_info