Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message failed in Seeburger Work Bench.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My interface is File to AS2,  the issue is file successfully delivered from PI to Seeburger, now the file is out of PI box, but it failed in Seeburger and until the TP came back and said that they have not received the file, we were not aware of it. So here my question is it possible to make alert or convert the MDN machine readable format message into XML and point back to PI. if so how and whether the MDN says the message failed?

Thanks,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

As per my understanding on Seeburger, for any outbound message you may get errors in the Seebruger Workbench in 2 cases when the message has reached to the partner and partner has sent a negative acknowledgement (MDN) due to certificate or decompression issue or others and when the MDN is not received at all and the message failes with MDN timeout error.

In the first case if the message has been received at the partner's end and they have sent a negative MDN then the same can be further forwarded using refer XI using a AS2 report channel as has been suggested by the experts here.

In the second case, if you have not received any MDN for a particular message and the message has failed with MDN timeout error then there is a possibility that the message may not have reached to the destination itself. I am not really aware if there is possibility to check on this other than manually having a look into the system.

Since you mentioned that the TP has informed that they have not received the message so there is a possibility that it can be for the second case. If not then the message should have reached to TP and they had sent a -ve MDN.

Thanks and Regards,

Satanik

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I agree Satanik, Mine is second case, the file itself not delivered to Partner due to some error, in this case we are not receiving MDN back from them. So after lot of research i found there no way to track such failure msgs other than manually looking. But still feeling little strange as this is a common requirement from any company, so there must be some way...but not sure what it is...

Thanks a lot all.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vijay,

You can update the receiver as2 channel configuration to "refer MDN to XI". Then MDN will come to XI and you can monitor or route as per the required functionality.

refer the below document and sap note 1442196

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d095b2df-9fa3-2d10-568b-d12d99828...

regards,

Harish

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the reply.

yes we already created Sender Reports channel to receive the MDN, but its not possible to check the all MDN messages in monitoring as there will be many, so I want the MDN message to show in failure status in case of any failure happened in seeburger.

currently all the MDN messages are showing in checkered flag in PI monitoring.

Thanks,

Vijay.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Usually the MDN is mapped to the monitoring team mail id or some business group.

i.e an interface MDN--->EMAIL will be triggered only when there is a negative MDN received from the partner. So in this case it will be easy to identify which message was failed exactly and easy for monitoring purpose too.

Br,

Manoj

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I am little confused here. We receive the MDN from seeburger work bench right not from the partner i guess.

and we receive MDN for both successfull and failed messages, so how can we identify failed messages in that as daily we will be receiving tons of MDN's from seeburger, and its not possible to check each and every MDN to know which one failed.

(both the successful and failed MDN messages show in checkered flag in PI)

This is what my understanding on MDN. please do let me know if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Vijay.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

If you have mentioned " Refere MDN to XI system " then for each outbound AS2 scenario you will get MDN acknowledgment , and the status of this MDN will be successful only if that particular message is successfully in see-burger workbench i.e indirectly which means the message is sent to partner successfully if the MDN has failure status then it means the message was not sent successfully in seeburger wokrbench and has failed due to some reason (issue may be on your or partner side)

So this MDN acts as a identifier to the message sent successfully to the partner .

Br,

Manoj

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok might be i am missig that part...currently we have sender agreement and sender reports channel for MDN and no further steps...because of this we are receiving mdn but which are failing in sxmb_moni with the reason status"missing or invalid receiver agreement" and description:

<SAP:AdditionalText>No receiver agreement found for xyz /MDNReport, SI_MDN_Report</SAP:AdditionalText>

but the same message is showing delivered in message monitoring

I am not sure something is incorrect, so where i have to maintain "Refer MDN to XI system". to receive proper MDN messages.

Thanks,

Vijay

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Refer MDN to XI system is to be maintained in reciever AS2 channel , i guess you have already maintained this as you are getting MDN response which you see failure in Moni.

Now as you have created sender report channel and agreement now next task is to complete this interface completely i.e you need to route this MDN to EMAIL (receiver as your wish) interface for which you need to create RD /ID  / receiver channel and agreement.

Br,

Manoj

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have not maintained "refer MDN to XI", please check below:

Rgds,

Vijay

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

When you maintain the "Refer MDN to XI" then you need to create the configuration in PI. for your report channel you must have

• sender agreement
  • Receiver determination

Now either you can stop the message in receiver determination to create the interface determination and receiver agreement and receiver channel to deliver the message to receiver (mail, ftp etc.).

MDN (Message dispatch notification) is the technical notification when the message is delivered from the Seeburger to receiver TP (handshaking is good). But it does not provide the application confirmation that message is successfully processed in receiver.

If you need application acknowledgement then you need to configure the 997 for the scenario, and your receiver needs to send the 997 after the message is processed.

refer the below link

Seeburger AS2 adapter does the things - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

regards,

Harish

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

What is the purpose to maintain "Refer MDN to XI", as specified in the above screen shots with out maintaining that am receiving MDN direclty to PI right...am little confused here....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In order to forward the MDN into the messaging system and to the sender application, "Refer MDN to XI" needs to be mentioned in the AS2 receiver channel. Along with that Report channel and its configuration is needed to support the complete flow.

If Refer MDN to XI is not selected then the MDN is not supposed to be sent forward.

Since you are receiving MDN in PI, please revisit your configuration to check on the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Satanik