Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger AS2 adapter.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My interface is SOAP to AS2, no ESR objects, just picking and placing the file, here my question is: the output file first lands in seeburger work bench and from there will it go the specified HTTP server? not understand clearly how it works:

Thanks,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

the output file first lands in seeburger work bench and from there will it go the specified HTTP server? not understand clearly how it works:

-->> As2 - Application statement 2 delivered the message to receiver with HTTP protocol. The transport protocol for AS2, SOAP is always over HTTP/HTTPS. the message protocol is change to specific adapter. So the mesage is delivered by Seeburger as2 adapter via transport protocol HTTP/HTTPS to receiver trading partners As2 system.

hope this help!!

Harish

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the reply.

So Seeburger work bench is just for monitoring the messages right.

Do we need to do any setup in seeburger work bench?

Thanks,

Vijay.

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

For the outbound side usually not.

You might need additional adapter module in the Receiver AS2 channel

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the additional adapter module need to be done in receiver AS2 channel...

Thanks.

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are trying to run a SOAP to AS2 scenario with just a "pass through" of the file....not sure you can generate a valid EDI file...

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't want to generate a EDI file, my requirement is to generate a text file, so i guess i need to use xml to plain setup in module configuration. am I right?

so the receiver details should i mention in receiver channel I mean the Target directory path,file name and server details etc., or should i mention in seeburger work bench...

Thanks.

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't have a mapping program between the SOAP message and the EDI structure then you wont be able to do that.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Nimrod for the quick responses....

why cant we...we can write local enterprise bean modules(X2P) in receiver channel with out ESR right.

and where should we specify the target file name as i am not seeing that field in receiver AS2 channel.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

If is a Non-EDI development , then simply SOAP-->AS2  where you want to send the text file then you can use MTB module in receiver AS2 channel to convert the XML to text and for filename in AS2 you dont have any specific 'FielName' field you have dynamic attributes enable that and you may pass required filename via mapping through dynamic config .

Br,

Manoj

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks lot every one!

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there Vijay,

First, as this is a B2B scenario you should consider your  SAP PI architecture - Whether using a reverse proxy located on the DMZ or remote Adapter engine.this in order to hide your internal servers from the outside world and lowering the risk of security breach.

Check this link :

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/7f/6a9ee0484e4c1b813411cadf69b447/content.htm?frameset...

Regarding your question the AS2 Receiver is ok...you define the B2B partner server address (host+port+url etc) create a receiver agreement with the relevant certificates (Partner certificate,your own certificate).

If you "ping" the channel from the RWB you can check whether your setup is correct and that there are  no customization\objects missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

AS2 is a protocol which defines about how to transport data securely and reliably over the public Internet across different trading partners & customers in a B2B landscape.

AS2 protocol is based on HTTP and SMIME & provides signing, encryption and MDN (Message Disposition Notification) conventions for data transfer (primarily EDI).

You can find more detailed information regarding AS2 and Seeburger adapter particularly here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d095b2df-9fa3-2d10-568b-d12d99828...

Best regards,
Vadym