Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change pointer data not visible in SAP GTS

Arjun_Mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All.

I have a very unusual problem .I am.able to send and receive idoc from SAPECC to SAPGTS which carry the changed data from SAP ECC TO SAP GTS .but the data is nt reflecting in the transaction BP for the Customer master data I changed in SAP ECC.

The idoc from SAPECC is successfuly received on SAPGTS. I am able to see that in we02.

Please help me with the resolution of this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Although I cannot answer your question directly, I wonder why you are trying to transfer Master Data by iDoc, when that's not the usual way to feed GTS?

It's normal to use the "Plug-In" functionality, which uses RFC to transfer data.  For the transfer of customers, the standard Function Module (assigned in Transaction BD60) is /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_DISTRIBUTE_R3.  That Function Module works as usual with the Change Pointers to transfer the data directly to GTS, avoiding the need to create and process iDocs.

Could you change the configuration to work in the standard GTS way, or is there a particular reason for using the "traditional" approach?

Regards,

Dave

Arjun_Mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

I agree with your view of RFC transfer . So my question is when we change the Customer master data in ECC how do we replicate the same in GTS with out the Change pointers via IDOC than.

we use /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_DIRR3 transaction in SAP ECC to do the initial transfer from SAP ECC but do we use the same to transfer the customer master again to SAP GTS because it that can we need to change the variants every time we change some customer master data.

Regards,

Arjun

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

After assigning the GTS Function Module in BD60, you can use BD21 (report RBDMIDOC) in the usual way to process the Change Pointers for Message Type /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_SLL and send the data to GTS.  So the process doesn't change - only the transfer method.

It's usual to run the report from a regular batch job.

Regards,

Dave

Arjun_Mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dave ,

Thank you .

The Missing link was in BD60 against the message type ,I was using FM

MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SMD_DEBMAS. Which was creating a IDOC rather than RFC exchange .

Regards,

Arjun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun

Hope you are doing good.

Please understand that in such a case (you can refer it similar to synchronous data update) if idoc generation is successful , it should be updated in GTS side unless there are some locks as generation is a part of the same transfer program ( under name * packet generation something ) and you can find the log updated in-case of any errors.

As per your query I understand this is related to changed documents , please check if change pointers are activated fine for document type on ECC side ( I suspect this will not work because without change pointers the idocs should be generated for changed data ).

Additionally please check the data received on GTS side (Idocs) are for the changed BP ( customer master in your case ) and the status on the incoming idoc.

Please advise us on the above to investigate further.

Regards

Jitender

Arjun_Mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jitender,

Thanks.

Yes the IDOC are in Status 53 in the Reciever system (GTS) which means "DOCUMENT POSTED " .

The Idoc contains the changed data of the Customer master from ECC. ( field STRAS)  in my case as i have only activated that field in the reduced IDOC .But unfortunately when I am checking in the BP transaction in GTS the same value as the IDOC is not updated in the customer data.

In table BUT000 CHDAT/CHTIM fields are also not updated with date when I am sending the IDOC for Change pointer.

I guess there is some issue in the Partner profile configuration as for inbound idoc processing " Process Code " is required against the Message type. I have used message type /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_SLL and Process code " DEBM" .I doubt this combination might not be correct.

Please suggest if these inputs are good enough for the resolution .

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun

I understand status of IDocs is in 53 status [successfully processed ] which means IDoc update run was successful. If there would have been error in partner profile, I suspect some error while Idoc processing (when Idoc is received in GTS side ) . It would be really difficult to comment at this stage, I would advise you to debug the IDoc data update routine to check further.

I understand there is some specific requirement at your end to use the Idoc method instead of the approach suggested by Dave .

Kindly park my 2nd comment from the previous update with respect to change pointer, I am checking that again.

Regards

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arjun,

Check in BUT000 table CHDAT/CHTIM fields and see if the BP is actually getting updated or not.

Execute the transaction - /sapsll/partner_appl or access it from System monitoring from menu legal and see if you have any log being generated.

Please do let me know your result. Once we know whats happening then you can start working towards resolution. Thanks.

Regards

Rajesh