cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create a WO for WT (WT created by posting GR for Inbound Delivery)

bjongen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello EWM gurus,

I am fairly new to EWM and have a (maybe simple) question.

I am following SAP Best practice Y35 (inbound) and:

1. Created a PO and Inbound Delivery in ERP

2. ERP Inbound Delivery is replicated into Inbound Delivery Notification and subsequently (with PPF) into Inbound Delivery

3. Posted GR for the Inbound Delivery in EWM;

4. subsequently the ERP PO (history) is updated and a Warehouse Task is created

Now I ask myself: should the WO for the Warehouse Task be automatically created?

All customizing (WOCR, etc.) is done but the WO is not automatically created.

Now I can simulate the WO creation (in Warehouse Management Monitor: More Methods-button) for the WT, and then a 200000x number for the WO is created;

Next when I try to 'assign the WT to WO' (also with the More Methods-button) created in the previous step, I get the error 'More WTs must be assigned to warehouse order 200000x'.

The same error comes up when I try to assign multiple WT's to the same WO..

So, my question is: what is the standard way of (automatically?) creating WO's for WT's that were created following a Post GR on an Inbound Delivery.

Thanks a lot in advance for any clues, meaningful ones will surely be rewarded with points,

Kind regards,

Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jongen,

When system or you create WT's it applies WOCR rules to group WT's according to your WOCR but even if your rule is good enough still for WT system will create WO and the assignment will be automatically by system. you do not have to do it manually.

WT's are linked to WO even though you have not created any WOCR, in that case system apply DEF warehouse order creation rule, otherwise if you have defined rules then as per your filters your rule will be determined and WT's will be grouped in WO as per your rule. If you have defined rules but does not fit then UNDE rule will work.

REMAINDER/Undetermined rule groups WT's according to activity area, queue and consolidation group

STANDARD rule group items or WTs according to activity area, queue and delivery.

BR
Anoop

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jongen,

By default EWM will create one WO per WT .

But as you said you have configured your WOCR .

1.Then check whether you have assigned the WOCR Rule to Warehouse Process Type ?

This will trigger to automate WO creation once WT get's created.

2.Define Filters for Warehouse Order Creation Rules

Assign WPT in this Node

3.Also check  in Define Limit Values for the Size of a Warehouse Order

What is the Max. Itm per WO because it will decide how many WT you can consolidate into one WO.

BR,

Olet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Olet,

I have made all the settings you mention, and when I simulate WO creation, the WOCR is selected, but no WO is automatically created for my WT. And as mentioned, I cannot assign my WT to a WO that was created during simulation.

Do you have any further clues?

Kind regards,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bart,

Once WT gets created manually/automatically system will automatically creates WO as per WOCR you have configured in system.

So system can create different WO for WT as per criteria you defined in system.

You can't assign WT to WO if :

1. If WT is confirmed

2.If WT doesn't fir into the criteria of WO.

Could you check the WT and WO for you delivery and also check whether they are confirmed or open.

BR,

Olet

PatrickMueller
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Bart,

concerning warehouse tasks in EWM:

If you already have a warehouse task that is active, it will have a warehouse order. Are you talking about a warehouse task for unloading the delivery item or for final putaway?

If you open transaction /SCWM/TO_DISP with the number of your active warehouse task, you can see the assigned warehouse order (and also navigate to the order).

Best regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

I am talking about the (Y35 Best practise) scenario where you create a PO and Inbound Delivery in ERP, the Inbound Delivery is replicated into EWM, you post the GR on this Inbound Delivery in EWM and then a Warehouse Task is created for putaway. The problem is: the WT is created but I cannot find the WO..

The Best pracise says that after GR posting (transaction /SCWM/GR):

"GR is posted.The stock is updated in SAP ERP. The warehouse tasks (WT) are automatically created using PPF (Post Processing Framework), based on the palletization data. The warehouse order (WO) document is printed."

If I look in the Warehouse Management Monitor, under Documents, Tasks: after GR posting, I see the WT for my Inbound Delivery: it says Process Category is 5 'Goods Receipt Posting' and the WT status is confirmed.. Although I didn't confirm anything in the system myself.

In the list of Tasks I see other examples (not created by me) that have PC 1 'Putaway'.

When I try to run transaction /SCWM/TO_DISP, it says 'This function not possible', error message number 00127.

Do you have any further clues?

Kind regards,

Bart

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"The warehouse tasks (WT) are automatically created using PPF (Post Processing Framework), based on the palletization data."

Did you check in your inbound delivery if there is a PPF action for creating the WT and if it has been processed successfully? Which also means that you check the log for the action, not only check if it is green.

"If I look in the Warehouse Management Monitor, under Documents, Tasks: after GR posting, I see the WT for my Inbound Delivery: it says Process Category is 5 'Goods Receipt Posting' and the WT status is confirmed."

That is the WT / Material document for the GR posting. Of course you confirmed this. Because you posted the GR.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

Thanks for shining a light on the fact that the confirmed WT of Process Category 5 is merely a confirmation of this step (posting GR); I thought this WT was a follow-up WT for putaway, which apparently it is not.

Anyway, when I look in the EWM Inbound Delivery, I see the only PPF Action that is successfully processed is the Send ERP Delivery Messages (Action /SCWM/MSG_PRD_SEND).

If I understand you correctly, another/separate PFF Action for creating a WT for putaway needs to be there as well.

I followed all the steps in the Config guide of the Best Practice Y35: all settings regarding WT creation are are there, so I don't know how I can solve the issue that no WT for Putaway was created?

Thanks once more for your help,

Kind regards,

Bart

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No Idea. It looks as if that best practice document includes everything, but I would try to check everything written in step 3.2 (configuring the automatic wt creation) again. In my system for example the document type INBS does not have the action profile listed in this document - but I do not know if we changed that or if there is some error in the documentation. And then you need to check the PPF log for the inbound delivery, that should give your pointers if an action can not be determined.

Brgds

Juergen

bjongen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

I made the settings in the Config guide.

When I look in SLG1, it seems no Condition for the WT creation is found:

When I look in /n/SCWM/DLVPPFC I see the Condition is there:

PPF log in the Inbound Delivery (not surprisingly) says only ERP is updated after posting GR in EWM:

Any last clues before I give up..?:)

Kind regards,
Bart

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

all I can see in the moment that this is a different document type and a different action definition then in the best practice document you referred to.

Brgds

Juergen

Ajit_Routray
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bart,

Can you Please check Assign Determination Procedure in customization?

SPRO->SCM Extended Warehouse Management>

SCM Extended Warehouse Management

Cross-Process Settings >Delivery Processing>Delivery Processing>Actions>Configure Action Scheduling>Assign Determination Procedure> Determination Procedure Access Seq. for PPF Config /Determination Procedure for PPF Action Config.

Please let us know if issue persists.

bjongen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

I have set the customizing as follows:

Created some more Conditions:

But still it doesn't trigger the Task:

Any more clues?

Kind regards,
Bart