Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Multiple deliveries against single sales order

chandan_ramesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SD experts,

I am running an e2e scenario of creating multiple deliveries against single sales order followed by single invoice .

1. Sales order with a line item of 1000 LB is created

notes: SP and SH have Complete delivery checkbox unticked in Shipping tab

(ii) Complete delivery checkbox is unticked Sales order in  Sales tab

2. Outbound delivery is created for 500 LB and is Subsiquently Picking and PGI is completed

3. When i go back to Sales order and attempt to create outbound delivery for the remaining 500 LB i get an error window

No delivery -relevent items in order xxx, order type zor

4. when i check the document flow, Sales order status is Complete. Below is the screeshot for reference.

Is there any configuration / changes in  Customer master/ Material master  data to be done to support this functionality ?

Regards,

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the setting for partial delivery/item for the sales order item (shipping tab)?

This is the first thing I would check in such case.

chandan_ramesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina,

Yes, Partial delivery / Item was earlier "Create only one delivery" and then I changed it to "Partial delivery allowed"

System then allowed me to multiple delivery against a sales order.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Looks like the status of your sales order item is getting updated to "completed" that in turn updates the sales order header status as "completed".  Because of this, subsequent deliveries are not allowed.

Check the "completion rule" setting at the maintain item category level.  For example, it should not be "A - Item is completed with first reference".  Do the correct setting here. 

Note: I do not have SAP access at the moment to suggest the correct setting.

Also to be sure, check if the "update document flow" is ticked in the copy control between the order and delivery items level.