Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Inbox Custom Web dynpro ABAP workflow

former_member52420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are just implementing SAP Fiori and wish to use the My Inbox app.  We have configured and the inbox is displaying the work items etc so all good.

I have an issue with a custom web dypro approval workflow in that on a mobile or tablet because the 'Open' option is not visible the user cannot display the approval and selection screen.  It works fine on desktop with the settings in SWFVISU as follows:

Can anyone advise on what needs to be done to be able to launch on a mobile or tablet device?

kind regards

Julie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Konstantin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Are you sure that you want to run WDA applications on phone/tablet? Did you try to run them before? Without Fiori by the direct link, something like this:

https://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/<app name>?sap-wd-configid=<config name>

If you try you will see that wda application does not work properly on mobile devices.

So you will need to create custom Fiori or SAPUI5 application.

Or (and its easier) you need to make some extensions for My Inbox to show all needed information exactly to it and maintain additional process buttons (like Approve, Reject, etc).

There are a lot of docs and guides here. The main enter point is

For beginning I recommend you to read

Regards,
Konstantin

former_member52420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin

Thank you for your prompt reply.  We have not tried before on a mobile or tablet. 

The issue with capturing the workflow data is that it is not stored in the container as we are using a bespoke table to hold the information. 

I have researched 'intent' but I am unsure if this is just for SAPUI5 or if this method could be used using a URL?

Kind regards

Julie

Konstantin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

The issue with capturing the workflow data is that it is not stored in the container as we are using a bespoke table to hold the information. 

Data which you can show on the detail screen of the task in Inbox in not limited by workflow container. Moreover the badis with which help you can change detail screen are working on Gateway system (front-end) - have a look at App Extensibility: My Inbox. So in any case data showed in Inbox is stored in another system and you should develop some function with remote call.

I have researched 'intent' but I am unsure if this is just for SAPUI5 or if this method could be used using a URL?

In general, under pair SemanticObject+Action can be coded any application. But in your case intent-navigation couldn't help. Because, as I sad before, WDA-applications doesn't work on mobile devices. With intent-navigation you could run WDA-app but it doesn't solve that main problem.