Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

determine unspecified countries manually

sherif_elkoumy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo Lumira users,

does anybody have an Idea how we could determine the unspecified countries in Lumira?

I need to build Geo Data, Lumira recognized most cities but some of them not recognized, please see the attached pictures.

How can we fix this problem? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is only recognizing cities with populations over 100K.

Perhaps try using the ESRI maps as an option?

sherif_elkoumy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

is there anyway to change this settings in Lumira? I mean can we change this 100k to 20k or something or so is delivered ?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some of the visualizations are using the NavTec (sp?) maps which will only show cities over 100K ; no settings will change that unless you change your master data to reflect the closest largest city (meaning if your data shows Westchester, New York, and it does not appear, change the city to New York City which does have a population over 100K)

The other option is ESRI, as far as I know/recall

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherif,

As Tammy mentioned the NavTec database shows only cities with  population more than 100k. A simple workaround would be to build a table with cities, latitude and longitude as columns. Then we can merge these columns with the main table and build the Geo hierarchy using Lat and Long instead of names.

Please let me know if there are any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

sherif_elkoumy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I am reading data from BW Query and my customer prefer to get all information from backend without any other external files excel or csv. I know I have a problem with the Master data, it is not cleansed and not rightly maintained but we are on it.

I need to find a workaround given the current situation. I created an account on Arcgis maps as you have a 60 days free trial then I went to Lumira, settings, maps and entered the account and password then went to Visualize tap and tried to see if there is any connection between Lumira and the online maps but confronted with a problem concerning the proxy.

did you try something like that before?

rgds, Sherif

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherif,

I'm not sure if the ESRI maps will resolve your current problem. Since we need to create a geo hierarchy to use in the maps, you might encounter the same unresolved locations.

I would suggest you merge a csv with lat long values and see if you get the desired results. If yes, then you replicate the same in the back end system.

Thank you,

Varun Anand