cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering performance is very weak in NWBC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We're just about to make a decision where our Fiori users sholud work.

NWBC is really good, providing web-apps and native GUI screens in neighbor tabs.

However, here is at least one critical issue that will probably prevent us from choosing it.

This is a terrible performance.

We use launchpad side panels sliding smoothly from the left and the right exactly like in Fiori 2.0 video.

In Chrome it works perfectly, but it's prohibited by company's rules and only IE is allowed for us.

In IE11 animation works moreless good as well but the overall performance is a bit weaker.

Meanwhile, what we have in NWBC is unacceptable - I don't know how to measure FPS, but it looks like not more than 3-5 fps.

Has anyone tried to improve somehow rendering performance in NWBC?

In paralllel I'm going to create a support request for this thing also.

Thanks!

Petr.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Petr, performance always depends on what you do/display and how. You cannot just say in general the performance is not sufficient  - that's just not true! SAP Business Client does not change the performance behavior of the contained applications. The shell adds some additional performance on top but this happens in a constant way and does not relate to the performance behavior of the application. The application footprint is the same as if it were running in a standalone scenario. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon20/helpdata/en/4c/5bd55d97817512e10000000a42189b/content.htm?fram... Regards, Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandra,

I appreciate your answer based on documentation. Believe me, I searched  for the answer in many sources including  help, support and other resources.

Yes, I agree BC is just a plugin for IE and GUI.

However, what I see in fact, it's completely different. I see that animation works awfully. And I don't speak about custom development - I just describe Fiori Launchpad behavior that is run over SAP BC.

Please try to enable Me area for Fiori 2.0 and try to navigate to this left pane and back.

The difference is visible not only between Chrome and SBC but also between IE and SPC that is against declared performance conventions.

That was the reason of this message. There is something in SPC 6.0 that is slowing down IE11 rendering.

And that's would be great if SAP double-check this, not only with static pages but with animation on the wide descktop screens (23')

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

for me this sounds like something slows down Business Client. It is true, that rendering, animation and scrolling in Chrome is smoother than in IE or in Business Client which uses the IE webbrowser control, but normally this is not that bad as you described.

The rendering engine is the same for IE and Business Client (mshtml.dll)

Maybe you have to check your system about firewall and antivirus settings. We had something similar in the past where the antivirus was set to scan each script except that from iexplore.exe. This ends up in very very poor performance for the applications running in Business Client, because NWBC.exe was not excluded from the scans.

For me this sounds like something similar.

Best Regards,

Thomas

andrey_ryzhkov
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Petr.

I can confirm BC slow rendering performance. It can be easily reproduced, for example, by adding Fiori connection https://launchpad.support.sap.com/ to BC. The scrolling smoothness in BC is just terrible, while in Chrome it's perfectly smooth. Actually, in IE11 scrolling is smooth enough, but quite a bit worse than in Chrome.