cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure this kinda ASYNC scenario in SAP PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have to configure the process as shown below in SAP PI 7.0.

Non-sap system will send data to SAP PI (step 1A), the status of that message in SAP PI should be send to sender system (i.e. if the message failed in PI or was successful in PI) (Step 1B)

SAP PI will send data to ECC for update via proxy class (step 2) ...

After Update in ECC (successful or error) the status should flow to SAP and then to NON-SAP (step 3 and 4)

We are very clear about how to achieve step 1A, 2, 3 and 4, but how can step 1B be configured in ASYNC process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anikit,

Mark has already answered your question, but I would like to share one design which was implemented in one of my projects.

Scenario was to pick a mail from mail server and send it to BPM for futher processing.In BPM it would do an RFC lookup and send the source mail box a confirmation that process has been done.

But before that, the moment PI picks the mail from mail server, requirement was to drop an acknowledgment to the user that his request was in process.

So we made 2 systems as our receivers in receiver determination step.One was the source mail box and second was integration process(CC BPM).

So, as soon as PI picks mail, it also drops acknowledgment mail to the user that his request is in process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Thanks... it could be a possible approach if the message is successful in SAP PI.

However if the message failed in PI e.g. during message mapping, in this case the message will not be sent to source.

So how can we achieve the later case??

Regards,

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

If you use a Java Mapping for your transformation, you can catch any exceptions in the mapping and trigger a SOAP message from the exception block (loop back mechanism explained by Bhavesh Kantilalhere:

PI 7.5 interface architecture possibilities | SCN

In case of successful processing, you can create 2 outputs from SAP PI, one that goes to sender system and other one to SAP.

Having said that, in my opinion it will be an overkill to create this kind of processing in SAP PI, specifically when the system provides standard alerting mechanism and guaranteed message delivery.

Cheers,

Sanjeev.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

When you post a message via SOAP Adapter, the return code itself (http 200 with empty SOAP envelope or an http 202 without body) should be enough to determine if it posted in PI or not.

As to if it is sent successfully to the target system, you can use alerts for mapping and system failures

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Mark,

Here is my understanding, SOAP Adapter will send the response by-default to the sender system if the message is received in SAP PI or not.

But, there is a requirement from my client that a message from PI needs to be trigerred(i.e 1B) in either cases of message successful in PI or failed status.

Can this be achieved? in via interfaces?

Regards,