cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NoSuchMethodException when using the J2SE JMS adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm trying to set up a JMS connection and want to use the J2SE stand alone adapter first, so I can experiment without having to restart the central adapter over and over again.

I get an Null Pointer Exception:

16:19:40 (3010): Error initializing jms receiver adapter: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.sun.messaging.QueueConnectionFactory.<init>(java.lang.String)

I'm a bit (much ... well completely) lost now. Can anyone please help me out? Im not much of a Java programmer, but I though that wouldn't be necessary...

Thanks in advance,

Michel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have u referred this thread .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion, I looked it up, although it's not quite the same situation, there was some usefull info there...

I have switched to using JNDI now, and got further, so I'll follow that trail first.

Let you know if I make progress...

Thanks again,

Michel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its up and running now, both on local J2SE as on central J2EE adapters.

We set up JNDI, which turned out to make life much easier.

To get it to work on J2SE, we added the Sun provided jars (jmq.jar and jndi.jar) to the aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda archive (using the drivertool is the easiest).

Then we configured the local adapter (<i>adapter</i>.properties) and created a simple scenario to just send a "hello world" message to the JMS broker, where it was picked up by a listener.

Once that worked we deployed the aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda on the central J2EE engine (using SDM) and created a receiver CC to replace the local adapter. That worked fine, without much problems.

The other way around didn't give any more problems after that...

Now we can focus on the content and format of the messages...