cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Route a MSMP request for approval based on role status(assign/retain/remove)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement where i want to route a request based on roles status "REMOVE" as "NO APPROVAL" required and status "ASSIGN" as "ROLE Assignment Approval" required.

Please note: In a single request having multiple status for roles.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

japneet_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

I have checked BRF+ and for the decision table, there is a field  "PROV_ACTION". I would suggest you use this field in the BRF+ rule and the redirect the request based upon your requirement. For details, refer to the screenshot below.

Thanks & Regards
Japneet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishanth,

Yes ...it is possible to route the request to diff path  based on the role provisioning action.

Use the prov_action attribute in the decision table of your initiator rule.  For remove action you can have the rule result mapped to a no stage path and for assign and retain the result can be mapped to a path with X No of stages.

Also make sure to handle the system line item as well  when using the prov_action in decision table to avoid req submission error when system line item is added to the request.

Let me know if you need any other details.

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

For the same request if we have retain/remove/assign provisioning type then i believe we have to use routing rule?

Thanks,

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Routing rule is not required.

Initiator rule will work. In this case the request will split into multiple paths based on the provisioning action - Assign/Remove/Retain in access request and based on the auto-provisioning settings in SPRO the required action will automatically happen in plug-in system.

Regards,

Manju