Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Ide Extension Project

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fioriers,

I am trying to create an extension project from sap web ide for a local project that I have already imported in my workspace, but I am not being able to do it.

When trying to create the Extension Project, the option for extending a local project is not there.

Has someone any idea why this functionality is not now available?

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Emanuel,

You are right, you cant do extension project of app residing in your workspace. Extension options are available for apps residing on ABAP system/HCP.

Regards,

JK

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitendra.

So the only choice is to use the eclipse for the customers that doesn't want to connect their system with the SAP Cloud Connector.

But if you are using eclipse mars, the "create new extension project" option is not available as it is mentioned in the following post.

It's just available for the eclipse Kepler version.

So the only option seems to be to use Eclipse Kepler version, or if you want to type the code you have to copy the component.js code that appears in the following doc:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/309d2011-6579-3110-79b2-ec3259661...

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would call to share more insights on this.

Regards,

JK

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create an extension project for an application residing on ABAP (for which you need the SAP HANA Cloud Connector) or in your HCP account.

Maybe you can do a certain workaround of deploying the standard app to your account on HCP and extend it from there.

Unfortunately I'm on Web IDE side therefore I'm not an expert on Eclipse issues.

Regards,
Michal.

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

That's right Keidar.

In that case I need the HCC, and also need to activate service ADT (Abap Development Tools) on the gateway side.

The problem is that some customers doesn't want to activate extra services, and if you want to work with the eclipse, the option to create an "Extension Project" is not available anymore.

The only choice is to manually code in the component.js file that I am extending from an standard application.

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Answers (0)