cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module in Variant Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Members.

Based on FM in CU65, with some formula based on characteristics A and characteristics B  I will get the values of characteristics C.

* characteristics C, has 600 values in CT05.

1.   I am passing characteristics A, in function CUOV_GET_FUNCTION_ARGUMENT to get its value.

2.  I am passing characteristics B, in function CUOV_GET_FUNCTION_ARGUMENT to get its value.

3.   Then based on a formula, I am getting 10  correct values for characteristics C.

Now I want that only these 10 values should be visible for user when user tries to check the values via F4 for  characteristics C while configuring.

Please guide me   and other respected members.

Thanking you,

Regards

Ashish Mishra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ashish Mishra,

For the Cstics C u are seeing apprt from 10 other two it means all possible answer of Cstics A & B is already given in Cstics C right?

Now when you F4 the Cstics, you have needs to see only result value not other then that. Right?

If yes then read my below comment.

I just want to say If Cstics "C" is inferring value only base on the A & B Cstics then why we have need to maintain all possible value in C cstics.

If you are not maintaining the possible value for C Cstics and the value only infer base on A & B only. Then you will see only resulting value. Remove all possible value from cstics C. (If needed you can keep additional value tick mark and keep Cstics as not ready for input).

Thanks,

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As far as I know, the option 'Check values with function module', in the Value tab for characteristic C shall be used.

Here, the help details:

Function Module for Checking Values

In this field, you can enter the name of a function module for checking characteristic values entered by the user. The function module can be created in any function group.

The following restrictions apply:

• The function module must use the standardized interface.
  • The function module name cannot have more than 27 characters.
    This allows names to be inferred for further function modules: for the possible entries on the value assignment screen, and for copying language-dependent value descriptions:
  • Function module for possible entries
    <function module for value check> + suffix "_F4"
  • Function module for language-dependent value descriptions
    <function module for value check> + suffix "_DC"

Interface for Function Module for Checking Values

Import Parameters:
CHARACT_NOLIKE CABN-ATINNInternal characteristic number
CHARACTLIKE CABN-ATNAMCharacteristic name
VALUELIKE CAWN-ATWRTValue to be checked
Exceptions:
NOT_FOUNDValue not found

Interface for Function Module for Possible Entries

Import Parameters:
DISPLAYDisplay values only,
if DISPLAY = 'X'
ADDITIONAL_VALUESLIKE CABN-ATSONAdditional values allowed
if ADDITIONAL_VALUES = 'X'
(if you want the possible
entries dialog box to contain an
additional line for entry)
MULTIPLE_VALUESLIKE RCTMV-ATLISMultiple values allowed
LANGUAGELIKE SY-LANGULanguage indicator
DISPLAY_WITH_LANGUAGEDisplay value with description
Tables
VALUESLIKE RCTVALUESSelected values
When you call this table, it
contains existing values.
Deleted values have status 'D'
in the table.
New values have status 'I'
in the table.

The function module must also let you display and select values using the possible entries pushbutton. To display possible entries, you can use function modules in function group SHL3, such as HELP_VALUES_GET_WITH_TABLE_EXT. The content is described in the function module documentation.

Interface for Function Module for Language-Dependent Value Descriptions

Import parameters
VALUELIKE CAWN-ATWRTValue to be checked
LANGUAGELIKE SY-LANGUSystem language
Exceptions
NOT_FOUNDValue not found

If you use this function module after the function module for checking values, the language-dependent description of the value is copied to the value assignment screen.

Note

Please note that the program code must be based on the predefined interfaces. If your program is not based on these interfaces, the program may terminate with a short dump.

Please note also that the function module cannot take into account any restrictions on allowed values that are due to inheritance or object dependencies, because the function can only read data that is already saved to database tables. The function cannot read current user entries.

unquote

I do hope this will help. Just come back if anything else is needed.

Thank you and best regards,

Flavio