Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 Sp2: callTransaction iw21 from another tcode gives error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having an issue with this scenario:

First I start my tcode. On the UI there is a button which will run script to callTransaction("iw21").

Then fill the type field "ZU" and presses Notification button.

In next screen of IW21, my script tries to fill the FunctionLocation field with a given value.

The problem:

At the very first time when I presses the button to start "iw21", it always show an error message like:

"Backend error

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to share the finding:

It was due to the recorded script, .setFocus(), which cause unstable behavior. Removing it has solved such error. Set to solved.

Br,

Dong

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error message is:

"A running Personas script could have cause this error. Please check your active scripts.

Received "control not found" on batch step:

...."

But this happened only at the first time, if I press "Sync" button on the error UI, it will not cause error next time I press the button.

Does anyone know why it works like this ?

Thanks!

Dong Zhu

0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Can you provide a screenshot of the backend error popup? It is most likely the case that the screen navigation may not have occurred or there could be a popup or a warning message. One way to diagnose such issues is to put a debugger statement in the script and use the developer tools to step through the script. The error popup will contain the control id of the control that was not found.

Best regards

Kranthi

SAP Screen Personas Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. As you can see, the cause was due to the recorded script lines.

br,

Dong