cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_2_SOAP where receiver can only process one Idoc per call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I've got a bit of a conundrum here which I hope the community can help with.

So the scenario is IDOC -> PI -> SOAP Webservice (Async)

I have an existing IDOC AAE Sender that is Collecting IDOCs so, SAP sends N IDocs and these are all collected into one message (containing N IDocs) which are passed to the receivers.

So I have 2 different types of receivers:

1. SOAP Webservice that can process all N IDocs in one webservice call
  2. SOAP Webservice that can process only process ONE IDoc per webservice call

Receiver type 1's are catered for fine.

But my issue is how to cater for second type, where the webservice can only take one IDoc's data at a time.

PI7.4 and BPM isn't an option...

I know it would be fine if we had the IDOC sender not collecting but changing that would break the interfaces that rely on that.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

A simple receiver split with a different operation mapping of 0...unbounded occurrence mapping of messages instead of 1:1 in the case of #1 is not an option?  I would think the simple message split for the second receiver would take care of what you need unless there is some other requirement that you have not mentioned?

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt response !!

Apologies for the late reply but that worked a treat so wanted to say thank you!!

My next challenge is I have to add SOAP headers which I've done successfully via XSLT mapping though it's done it for the whole mapped combined messages so I'll need to change my XSLT to make it work for each occurrence of the target SOAP call message but I'm sure that won't take me long.

Answers (0)