Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Solution for authentication with WD and R/3 Backend

CHKNELL
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are developing a Web-Dynpro based Application running

on a J2EE/ABAP Stack machine. Our backend is a 4.6C SAP System, we are using adaptive RFCs to get/put data there.

The user of the WD App should authenticate against the

J2EE/ABAP engine, and the resulting RFC Calls should be processed with the current ID/PWD(to track the updates).

The SSO aspect we can maybe solve with Logon Tickets, but this requests SU01 Users on both systems. This aspect

we can solve with UME (or Central User Admin) to minimize the effort.

Are there any ideas to solve this with less effort, the

goal is to track the chaning User in the material-master or other R/3 transactions. For a customer new to the web world, there are many things to learn (for some of them

interesting, for some of them too expensive -) )

Regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think fistly you can check logon page information with SUSR_LOGIN_CHECK_RFC named Function Module . If succsfull you can switch jco connection to this user.

Best regards,

Altug Bayram

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can you switch the JCO connection (defined in the Web Application Server) to the logon user??

For example I created an JCO connection RFC_MODELDATA_DEST and that is calling our SAP logistics Development system with a communication user/password e.g. RFCUSER.

In my first screen a user logs on to the application with userid ABC123, the SUSR_LOGIN_CHECK_RFC returns successful. How can I make sure that data read via RFC_MODELDATA_DEST will be read with ABC123 instead of RFCUSER?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I'd think your summary is quite complete. There is currently no option, than to do a named access to the backend, if you want to have the user listed in the change records and auditing events.

For the user synchronizaiton, you could also use the LDAP connector, which would especially be helpful if you intend to have more users in the portal than in the ABAP system.

regards,

Patrick Hildenbrand