Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro HTML Rendering really slow

michael_pang4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are writing a webdynpro application which is going to show a massive 'View'.

It's a table with about 15 columns, tree embedded, dropdowns, checkboxes, images, link2URL etc are all used in this table.

What's worse is that this table takes about 4-5 mins to render the HTML when there are more than 2000 lines.

We know this is going to be slow, but we are hoping to improve the performance.

Having switched on the sap-wd-showInfo=X I see the following:

Browser 272552(parsing: 1485, HTML: 264943, JSBefore 15, JSAfter 6109) J2EE: 6583 Back-End: 15 Estimated Response Size: 17214K.

How is it possible to spead up the HTML rendering part?

What really is the HTML rendering time showing?

Does this have to do with browser/client PC speed?

How do I know if I am running in SSR or CSR mode?

Using: NW04s 7.00 SP8 (Java stand-alone).

Application will be running through the portal.

Cheers,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you want to display 17214 kBytes of HTML in one page?

Armin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_pang4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both very valid questions.

We are showing so much data as a business requirement, so not too much we can do about that. In that 17mb, there is are approx 1 mb of images, and about 2000 rows of table contents, mainly text. This shows the javascripts behind the webdynpro page is just simply massive.

Out of curiosity is it possible to force the server to render everything and then send across?

Cheers,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But why do you want to display 2000 table rows at once?

Probably you put the table inside a scroll container instead of using the table's paging functionality. This has nothing to do with business requirements.

Armin

michael_pang4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ridiculous businesss requirements, that's all I can say.

We found out what the problem is. McAfee Anti-Virus has somethign called Script-Scan.

It scans everythign and eats up your CPU.

We turned it off, and performance is increased by heaps. Somethign taht used to take minutes to display now takes 30 secs tops.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, the script scanner was it. We also had this effect some time ago when every developer machine was centrally "infected" with a script-scanner.

Other tools like IE developer toolbar can also lead to performance problems.

Armin

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

It has nothing to take with anythings setting, what you can do is just restrict table for fewer rows, and follow principle of "Just-In_Time Inventory".

This means , at the footer of table give custom button(they should be just like what you get in default setting of table) rather than using what Table UI element provides, bind one action with those custom buttons , so on every click event you gotta call some more rows . Say , initially you will show user 200 rows and when the table is about to show 201th row call bapi/ejb and populate the table with next 200 chunk of rows. This is the only solution

I also, once faced same problem and resolved like above.

hope it helps

let me know if you face any problem

regards