cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic monitoring in SAP LVM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, currently i'm using SAP LVM 2.1 for system provisioning and it used to work fine, but I think I changed some configuration or something because it is not monitoring actively the state of the system instances or the virtualization manager anymore and now everytime I make a change I have to go to the operations tab and start monitoring every instance manually, it is a problem specially because the system should be able to monitor every instance so the operator could see in the dashboards if there is any trouble I hope you can help me with this

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benny_maercz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

the behaviour you describe might be caused by not running LVM Monitor jobs. I had a similar issue a couple of times. Please go through the following SCN thread:

Please also check if you have accidentially changed the monitoring intervalls in the LVM monitoring settings:

LVM -> Setup -> Settings -> Monitoring:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Benny, thanks for the reply, I checked ->SETUP ->Settings->Monitoring and everything looks like your image, in the link you posted I found something about the jobs in NWA, they all appear as "active" but in the jobs tab you can only see LVM_Job_ProcessExecutor  and

LVM_Job_Monitoring

the task

LVM_Job_ProcessCleaner

is not being executed though, could this mean something? how can I schedule it for execution?

Thank you

benny_maercz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

that is ok. Same situation on my system. LVM_Job_Monitoring and LVM_Job_ProcessExecutor are executed regularly. I also can't see the task LVM_Job_ProcessCleaner in the jobs tab.

As long as LVM_Job_Monitoring and LVM_Job_ProcessExecutor show status COMPLETED, and they are executed repeatedly everything seems to be fine here. Then there must be another issue on your system...

Kind regards,

Benny

0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

adding to Benny's good remark: Have you tried to "deschedule" the LVM_Job_Monitoring and schedule it again? As a fist thought I did think into the same direction as Benny, actually.

Best,

Andreas

Answers (0)