cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No item category available (table t184 ZP04 NORM )

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a new service notification (ultimately a repair order) and get the following error:

"No item category available (table t184 ZP04 NORM)"

I have looked through and followed the other discussions on the topic to no avail.  I have attached the screen shot of the Gen. Item cat. grp from the material master for the part, and also the item category assignment.   Both seem to be set up correctly as I have seen in the other discussions.  Still however I get the same error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Hi

I think  item category is not maintained V_T184 table.

Go to SM30

Enter table :V_T184 ZP04-ZNORM(Item category determination)

Click maintain system will open Item category determination.

Item category determination.

May your issue will solve in this way.

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Its seem higher item level category i.e. IRPA is missing during the transaction of sales order. Please check the same in sales order.

If not resolved then please share the screen short of your sales order.

Thanks.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Kindly follow below determination, I thinks it is help for you....

Thanks,

Pandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was very useful. It worked!  Thanks for all of your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

it looks like there is no entry without usage in your customizing. According to the error message it tries to find the item category without any usage indicator. Either add an entry in customizing without usage, or identify why in this case there is no usage indicator.

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

As per your  screen shot , it seems that your Item category assignment is having all combination of ZP04 order type and NORM item category group and one Higher level item category,

Whereas the line item in service notification , there is no higher level item category, which is missing,

there is no item category has been maintained  for normal item means where there will not be a  higher level item category ,

Please check the combination and make an entry for the same

Hope it will help you..

Regards

Pitabash