cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Retention Period of Adapter Engine not reflecting.

rashid_eqbal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using SAP PI 7.4 dual stack.

My requirement is to reduce the retention period from 30 days to 15 days to reduce database consumption in both the Integration Engine and Adapter Engine.

I have done the changes in retention period from 30 days to 15 days in Integration Engine and the Delete Job has deleted the first 15 days messages and only recent 15 days message is remaining now.Hence, this change in Integration Engine is working correctly.

I have made the changes in adapter engine as well. Reduced retention period from 30 days to 15 days.However, I can still find the message in adapter engine  30 days old.

Can you please suggest what might be the reason.!!!

Thanks,

Rashid Eqbal

SAP PI Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Rashid,

If you change the retention period in the Adapter Engine it would only affect newly processed messages. The already processed messages' retention period won't be changed.

Regards,

Mate

rashid_eqbal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mate,

Thank you for your reply.

I had one point in mind that if we do restart of adapter engine,the change in retention period might effect. Not sure ..Is that correct?

Thanks,

Rashid

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Rashid,

It still wouldn't take effect for the already processed messages. But there is a manual option. The URL http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/archiving/reorgdb.jsp

can be used to manually change the retention time for messages which are already persisted in DB.

Regards,

Mate

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Children have been risen due the course of this thread 🙂 However, I thought I give it a try anyways:

When talking that reorgdb.jsp, would it also work with negative numbers, effectively increasing the "persist until" date of already created messages?

We have a situation where we did not activate the archive job, but persisting the messages only for a to short time frame of (say) 1 Month where we would like to persist them for 3 months.

Is that possible? If so how?

Answers (0)